44lbs down but feeling miserable...

Options
I know I should be feeling positive and upbeat but I feel so miserable! Joined MFP in Jan and have totally changed my attitude towards food and have adopted a healthier way of eating, it has been surprisingly easy and without any problems. However, I seem to have woken up with the 'sod it I'm gonna eat crap and binge' mood today!

I went out and bought the BIGGEST jar of chocolate truffles and had every intention of cracking that bad boy open and snaffling the whole lot in one sitting! The good news is that the jar is still sitting there unopened but .... I'm so damned miserable I could cry!!!

I don't know what has got into me today and I'm hoping tomorrow I'm back to my 'new' self...anyone else out there feeling the same.

Replies

• zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling but throw the damn bag away.... Go workout empty your mind for awhile and you will feel better,Its ok to be sad but don't let old bad habits take over
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    This type of thing happens to everyone. What I would suggest is have a workout and see if that improves your mood and reduces your cravings, often it does. Then, if you still need to, have a few chocolates, (it's chocolate, not arsenic, after all) and then give the rest of the jar away or portion and freeze it for future treats. It is your life to enjoy, and you shouldn't have to deny yourself. Moderation is key.
  • JessieLynn00
    JessieLynn00 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh my yes! I have chocolate on my mind a lot. Wondering if it will ever go away. Actually whining to my husband right now because I want to go to go get ice cream. lol. It's funny, I quit smoking 2 months ago, which was very difficult, but I crave junk food more than I crave cigarettes.
  • kgtgj
    kgtgj Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We all have those moments. Don't be so hard on yourself. Have 1 or 2 chocolates ad give the rest away or freeze them. Just get them out of you arms reach!
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    PMS?? I get like that when I'm PMSing...I want to eat anything and everything in site...then if I do I want to cry for just eating the house. (In fact I just ate an entire bag of cheetos and am tempting to have some pie here at work) Damn our female hormones!!!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Wow! You should feel very proud of yourself. You stopped before you even ate one! You're doing great.
    You may want to play around with what sort of treats you can include in your lifestyle long term. Depriving yourself too much can lead to binges or yo-yo style eating habits.
    (Donate the food you won't open/eat.)

By the way I have a dark chocolate truffle almost every day. It's allowed in my long-term plan. And it's been working.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/how-to-use-myfitnesspal-427993

Do you really plan to go the rest of your life without chocolate truffles?

Oh, and while I totally agree with the people who say eat one or two and put the rest away... do not freeze them. Freezing messes up chocolate.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Go for a run.

Or dance. Or whatever you know makes you feel better.

If you still want, have one or two chocs. Put the rest in the freezer.

You've done brilliantly so far - it's Ok to have a wobble!
  • prozac5489
    Options
    My life would be so sad if my chocolate cravings went away! I've learned, though, that if I allow myself one or two pieces a day, I'm gold. No need to down an entire candy bar: one or two Hershey's Kisses or Dove or Bliss squares does it for me.

I've also recently picked up a black tea flavored with chocolate and coconut. That's been a great calorie-free way to calm my chocolate cravings!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You need to add some friends here. It's great you have had success with your efforts, but adding friends will help you get through these bumps in the road that you will have.

Fully jump into MFP - post a picture, write about yourself, add friends. You will get much more out of it that reading posts on the forum and calorie counting.

Good luck with your experience. I know you will be successful. With 44 lbs down, you must have a lot of self discipline and determination. Add some support to your team, and you will be at your goal in no time!

I'd friend you, however, I am not as active here as I once was. I am in maintenance mode now, and don't send out as much support to my pals as I did when I was actively losing. You'd do better with folks who are currently more active.
  • Peazwithin
    Peazwithin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that have posted here! Ya gotta hava a game plan and a little grace (for self) goes a really long way. Work out, do whatever you have been doing to be the success you have been. You are obviously on the right track. But allow yourself this treat, this indulgance, if you can. My two cents says, If I work out and still feel that strongly, then I will have this particular _________ and give the rest away. I don't like to freeze it as I don't want it in my house. I love finding good homes for treats! Homes where they will be loved, appreciated and .... eaten! Please remember, this is a life style choice and you have a lot of healthy living to do! Don't get hung up on this litte decision. Eat it, enjoy it, savor its deliciousness and then eat according to the plan you have for you, the next time you open your mouth! Just because you want something doesn't mean you have to fall off the wagon face first!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,024 Member
    Options
    Take a walk, have coffee / tea with a friend (or call a friend) . Buy yourself some daffodils. Include some treats in your eating plan.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've had to accept that some days, it will just be hard. Period. I check my calorie intake (have I been going under too often?), sleep, protein, water, and mental state. I take my vitamins and exercise (which might "buy" me a little treat, or might just knock out the hunger). Occasionally, nothing works and I just have to sit with the grumpy feeling and acknowledge it. Doesn't mean I have to do anything about it right then. Tomorrow brings a new day and I never seem to wake up with the same feelings.