Not Loosing Weight

Options
I have reduced my calorie intake and been exercising a lot but my weight has stayed the same compared to last week when I lost 3 .7 pounds. All junk food and processed food is cut out I don't understand why I haven't lost weight this week.

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. No week guarantee. And you may not be eating enough to maintain health, especially if you're exercising as much as you say. Use the MFP guidelines...and be patient.
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Weight loss the healthy way takes time. Follow what MFP says (make sure you eat back your exercise calories) or follow in place of road map (you can search for it on this site). You need to give it at least a month or two.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You might want to give more info, like your stats, how many calories you are eating, and how much you're exercising.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    with a closed diary, it's really impossible for any of us to actually give helpful advice.
  • nisarani
    nisarani Posts: 11
    Options
    Ive mad it public now, really need sme advice on it
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Um... if you are logging all of your food correctly, then you definitely are NOT eating enough. For the past week, you're consistently logging far less than 1000 calories. You should be striving to MEET the calorie goal that MFP gives you, and you should also be eating most or all of your exercise calories back. Why did you choose to so drastically lower your calories?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Um... if you are logging all of your food correctly, then you definitely are NOT eating enough. For the past week, you're consistently logging far less than 1000 calories. You should be striving to MEET the calorie goal that MFP gives you, and you should also be eating most or all of your exercise calories back. Why did you choose to so drastically lower your calories?

This, there is no reason to starve yourself. Aiming for 1-2 lbs per week is ideal.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    WHOA! Where's the food?! Your diary is a sad and scary place.
  • jfsears
    jfsears Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat? If so you are starving yourself.
  • nisarani
    nisarani Posts: 11
    Options
    I am but Ice had the same calories from two weeks ago and lost 4 pounds.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    my weight almost never moves. i was shocked today when i got on the scale for the first time in two weeks and it was exactly the same, to the tenth of a pound. Im not trying to lose right now but it still seems like it ought to move one way or the other a little bit after all the crap i ate last night, all the beer i had last weekend and all the runnign and weight lifting i have been doing. NOPE.
  • EstyPorter
    EstyPorter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im actually going thru the EXACT same thing as you right now. Im so frustrated. Ive been losing at least 2 lbs a week and for the last week and a half, ive stayed the same weight. with the same diet and exercise too ... I guess we just need to meet our calorie goals, because ive been eating under 1000 a day too. goodluck!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's really not uncommon to lose a lot of (water) weight the first week and nothing the second. As said above, weight loss isn't linear and everything from hormones to exercise to sodium can cause you to retain water for a week, masking any fat loss.

Listen to the advice you're getting about eating more. It's important to eat enough to fuel your activity levels.
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight for weeks now; first with MFP and now with WW. I have been going to WW for 5 weeks mow and only lost weight (4.5 lbs) one week, and all the other weeks I either gained or stayed the same! I showed the leader my food diary and she told me that I definitely was NOT eating enough food! I know many of you will think I'm crazy for saying this but a lot of the time I am just not hungry and it seems silly to me to eat just to use up points (calories) if I am not hungry!
  • melissapierce737
    melissapierce737 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would say it's because you have put yourself in starvation mode. You can't eat KFC at lunch, and then eat nothing for the rest of the day and expect to lose weight! You need to eat small meals throughout the day, and especially eat breakfast.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It takes time. Also, junk food and processed food has nothing to do with weight loss. It comes down to calories in vs. calories out. If I eat all McDonalds but eat less that what my body uses up during the day for energy, then I will lose weight.
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Dare I ask how much you weigh and how tall you are? You are eating such a restrictive diet...
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    When losing weight, there are good weeks and bad weeks. I read once that a heavier a person is, the faster it comes off before slowing down.

It takes i took a peek at your food diary. Yesterday seems to be the most you ate and it was mostly KFC. It seeems like the whole week before that, you weren't eating enough. They say for a normal body to get enough fuel for the day, you need at least 1200 calories or more. You're having between 500 and 900. Your body is probably in starvation mode and not getting the nutrients it needs.

I would reevaluate what you're eating and how many calories to make sure you're giving your body what it needs to take care of you.
  • sveta24
    sveta24 Posts: 6
    Options
    You must be eating too much and not recording everything correctly. You should feel some hunger time from time and if you are feeling full all the time, than you must have had too much food.
  • lvsglass
    lvsglass Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello! Okay, I've been at this off and on for seven years and have now lost over 96 pounds. Some weeks I was down, some I stayed the same, and some my weight even went up. I know it is frustrating when you feel like you are trying so hard. But, here is what I've learned...BE PATIENT AND TRUST THE MFP GUIDELINES. It really works, but our body needs time to adjust to even smaller weight losses. Eat all of your calories, or close to them. Then...stop fretting because life goes by too fast! Do what you know you need to do, then love yourself and go out and seize the day.