Retrying MFP and in need of some Motivation!

Options
Hi
I starting MFP last Sept and have been off and on dieting. Mid Feb, I decided to do all I could and be focused and I was successful in losing 10lbs before spring break (the last week of March) where I spent a week visiting my mom in TX. I got off track and lost my motivation to continue after spring break, leaving me 6lbs heavier (so i am down 4lbs from my original weight now)

Last week I started exercising and eating good again and have been able to lose 1 lb during that week. I am looking for "friends" to help support/motivate me and give me suggestions.

Thanks

Replies

• mfrieler324
    Options
    Hello!

It is sooooo hard to stay motivated! I am active duty military. My physical fitness is great, but I don't really watch what I eat and I have some extra baggage I'm trying to slim down.

I use this quote whenever I am feeling unmotivated while working out/choosing a food to eat:

"Do today what others will not, so you can do tomorrow what others cannot."

This quote keeps me very motivated. I don't really care about the number value of lbs, but the positive effects eating right will have on my body.

I can try my best to keep you motivated!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi, Friend request has been sent. I am on here to keep myself motivated. Lets support and encourage one another to meet our goals.
  • Stefni215
    Options
    Thank you and I am super excited to have a positive support system.
  • madmax0412
    Options
    Sending a friend request too. You're "journey" sounds very similar mine! I was kicking butt using MFP last year and I fell off when a sister from the UK came to visit. I take full responsibility of course!

But I'm more determined than ever to lose the 35lbs or so that I have to lose and to stick with it!

All positive feedback is welcomed!

If anyone wants to add me please do. I love to encourage and be encouraged!