Are Fuze and Crystal Light Unhealthy?

Options
MaiLinna
MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
Before I started dieting I started drinking Fuze Slenderize and Crystal Light because I was never a big soda drinker, but I like flavored drinks every once in a while. However, these drinks have those gross fake sugars and such in them. Since I drink them sparingly, I think I'll be okay, but are they really bad for you?

Replies

• hakudoshi82
    Options
    In modoration they are just fine. There are more then a few nuts out there with unfounded studies that are not peer reviewed trying to claim artificial sweeteners cause all sorts of issues. I'm sure someone will post something about it and how you should only ever drink water. But if you enjoy sometime don't cut it out, just do it in modoration.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Please read the label. Zero nutritional value. Carb = 100% Sugar. That is all. Zero protein. Zero healthy fats. Zero complex carbs

FUZE

5% JUICE
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Bottle
    Servings Per Container 1
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 15
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 85mg 4%
    Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%
    Sugars 3g
    Protein 0g
    Vitamin A 40%Vitamin C 200%Vitamin E 40%Vitamin B6 40%
    Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, dietary fiber, calcium and iron.
  • MaiLinna
    Options
    Please read the label. Zero nutritional value. Carb = 100% Sugar. That is all. Zero protein. Zero healthy fats. Zero complex carbs

FUZE

5% JUICE
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Bottle
    Servings Per Container 1
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 15
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 85mg 4%
    Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%
    Sugars 3g
    Protein 0g
    Vitamin A 40%Vitamin C 200%Vitamin E 40%Vitamin B6 40%
    Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, dietary fiber, calcium and iron.

As opposed to...what, soda? Water doesn't have any of that either. Are you saying it's crap too? XD I don't get it.
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    I drink it in moderation. I use the small packets that are for a...16OZ bottle I think, in my 25 ounce bottle..waters it down, yes but it helps me get over my funk of not wanting to drink water. I only use it once a week or every 10 days...Sometimes I just need that extra flavor to finish my H2O lol Sorry I can't help you with the "is it unhealthy" aspect. Just wanted you to know I do drink it once in a while =)
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Every once in awhile probably isn't going to harm you. But my thought is that artificial sweeteners are unnecessary. Why have something processed in a factory when you don't need to?

I don't really like water, so I need to add flavor to it so I can drink 3 liters a day. I have a couple of different ways I do this fresh citrus jucie is one, I add 1-2 tablespoons to 32 oz of water. Or I brew 8 oz of strong herbal tea and mix with 24 oz of water. I don't add sweeteners.
  • MaiLinna
    Options
    It's not quite the "I need to flavor my water," thing, it's more "Hey, I love the flavor of berries and melons, I really wanna drink some of that Fuze today."

I love water. I just love certain drinks too. I'm not a fan of throwing raspberries or lemon in my water because I hate flavored water, if that makes any sense.
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I recently had gastric bypass surgery so have to be careful with what i drink, ie. no sugar, carbination or caffeine. Do not enjoy plain water since the surgery and tried adding fruit but it didn't help, so I drink crystal light to get in my 8 glasses of fluids a day. This or any other sugar free flavour packs are recommended by my bariatric surgery clinic as well as all other clinics in Ontario, Canada. As well, I was on a doctor's supervised weight loss program years ago and they recommended the same thing.

For every study out there toting the unhealthy benefits of artificial sweeteners, there are studies to disprove this. So for now I will enjoy my crystal light. ~