High Protein Low Carb Quiche?

Options
Thunderfan66
Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
I am looking for a good recipe for a high protein low carb quiche that I can make at home and freeze, so I can take portions to work for breakfast. Has anyone got any good recipes? The more servings it makes the better, then I can have more portions for less cooking time, ha ha! Thanks.

Replies

• tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I actually make them in portion size....this recipe will make 12 muffin quiches

I use:

10 eggs
    100gm bacon
    cup diced mushrooms
    cup shredded English spinach
    1/2 cup water
    seasoning to taste.

fry off the bacon, mushrooms and spinach. add the seasoning. whisk the eggs and water.

spray your non stick muffin tins and pour in the egg mix. add even portion of the bacon mix to each muffin hole. bake in the oven until cooked through.

they are so easy to take as a portion in your lunch box and are yummy hot or cold. they have no pastry so not the extra calories. if you would prefer a base to them then use something like mountain bread wraps in rye or wholemeal.. (mountain bread wraps are very very thin wraps)

hope you enjoy
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much protein this is (5 eggs worth) but it is low carb as it doesn't have the crust on it.

Crustless Quiche

1 tablespoonvegetable oil

1onion, chopped

1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

5eggs, beaten

3 cups shredded Muenster cheese

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
    2.Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
    3.In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan.
    4.Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those!
  • mssunshine_7
    mssunshine_7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You can make any quiche into muffin cups by eliminating the crust and putting them in muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray. I cook mine for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in a middle cup, comes out clean. The base is always 12 eggs and 2 ounces of shredded cheese. Makes 12 cups. I like to add turkey bacon, onion, mushrooms, peppers, and season with season salt and pepper.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump