Seinfeld fans...

Options
cln714
cln714 Posts: 174 Member
Do you remember this bit?

" I never get enough sleep. I stay up late at night, cause I'm Night Guy. Night Guy wants to stay up late. 'What about getting up after five hours sleep?', oh that's Morning Guy's problem. That's not my problem, I'm Night Guy. I stay up as late as I want. So you get up in the morning, you're ..... (?), you're exhausted, groggy, oooh I hate that Night Guy! See, Night Guy always screws Morning Guy. There's nothing Morning Guy can do. The only thing Morning Guy can do is try and oversleep often enough so that Day Guy looses his job and Night Guy has no money to go out anymore."

This totally reminds me of me. Not so much with the staying up late, but with eating at night. Day Girl is so good, eating healthy, counting every calorie, thinking ahead about dinner. After work I go workout, then I come home and Night Girl takes over and all HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!!

Does this happen to any of you? Any tips about how to make night girl behave herself???

Replies

• fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    so perfect!! i laughed out loud! I'm good until "adult time", which is when the 2 kids are asleep. . . usually 9:30pm. Then I get to watch TV shows or a movie with my hubby and snack time begins!!
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Too funny!! I really miss Seinfeld!...

I KNOW!!! Darn Night Girl...She comes out in the late afternoon for me. My trick to keep her tamed is by making sure I have an afternoon snack around 3 - 4 pm (apple w/a few almonds or walnuts, etc.). Then, I try not to eat too early or too late...For me, eating around 6:30 or 7:00 pm works for me. I'm getting hungry for dinner then but it's late enough that I won't eat again before I go to bed.
  • Christine_Ann
    Options
    Lol! I love that bit! I totally agree. Night girl wants to stay up late and workout and she has all this energy... who needs sleep right? Then morning girl is like, "what the heck is going on? Why didn't I go to bed earlier last night?" It's like two different people!

I try not to eat too soon before I go to bed, because I feel it the next morning. When I workout in the evening I feel even more determined to eat right, but my appetite does take over sometimes because the workout was so tough, that my body is craving calories. At that point, I will usually have a protein shake (Designer Whey is great!, only 100 cal. per serving) and maybe a small serving of fruit, or no fruit at all and just enjoy being a little hungry. A little more than a "little" hungry, usually means you didn't eat enough during the day and now your body is demanding it. I hope that was a little helpful!

" What's the deal with peanuts? It's not a pea, and it's not a nut!" :)
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helps me is rules. If I tell myself the rule is no eatting after 8:30, then I won't break the rule. If I just say watch what I eat and try to be good, I'll watch myself eat some dark chcolate, then I'll watch myself eat a skinny cow treat, and then I'll watch myself grab a few wheat thins and it seems like I watch myself go crazy but I just can't stop! But when I have the rule in place I look at the clock and it's easyto say no, beause I remind myself that it's too late and I don't need it. I'm probably just bored.

If that doesn't work I try doing a few sets of jumping jacks or 3 sets of bicycle sit ups. By then the hunger has passed, or the endorphins have kicked back in:bigsmile: and I can say no.
  • theatremack
    Options
    Night girl is a B#&@*!!! I have tried to tame her and she just keeps coming back!!! I have been trying to save more calories for later in the day, just because I have to plan for her to come out. I also try to have "good snacks" easily accessible so that I they are the first thing I see when I want something.

Good luck with her, I think with time we will train ourselves to eat better throughout the day and then she'll calm down a little!!