The scale is not your friend! With pics!

Options
Hey guys, so I just wanted to say that I'm still working on being fit and not at my goal weight yet.

I don't know why, but a month into my weight-loss journey I started taking photos to catalogue my progress.

I've attempted to lose weight before, but had never really given a second thought about taking "during" pics and kinda blew it off.

Well, I started 30 Day Shred and it recommends taking photos and measurements as a tool for tracking losses.

As it would turn out, the tape measurer I purchased started off at 2 and some inches (not zero!), so it's not very helpful and kinda cumbersome to use.

Which led me to taking pictures much more frequently.

I've never done this sort of thing before, so I'm a bit nervous? But I figured this is pretty important, especially because my main point behind doing this is that there is *only* (<whatevs) a 6.6 pound difference in this picture, in almost a month.

I know it can be very discouraging to be eating correctly, working out and kicking a** at the gym and still come home to see the scale move sooo slowly, and if you're not taking pictures or measurements, you might be missing out on the way your body is completely changing.

Alright, well here's what you came for!!!:

Notice how I'm no longer bursting out of my work out pants? My sport bra's fit much better too.

BJAoQVb.jpg

And:

neoP1hO.jpg?1

Replies

• Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up :wink:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    magnificent_zps9c1d1658.jpg

PS, I heart you so hard!
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Dr_Waffles!

Kaleidoscope, you're rather amazing yourself!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Good work!

And 6-7 lbs in a month is not anything to sneeze at. I aim for two pounds a month, and I'm happy with 1.5. You should be very proud of your solid start.