My Very First NSV:)

Options
I don't know if this is a complete success story but it's a pretty good start to me:

My first NSV was today.....I brought with me some jeans I knew I couldn't fit in January of 2013 when I started school again. When I say I couldn't fit I mean I couldn't pull them up let alone button and zip them up and today was the first time I tried them on since then and not only did the come up smoothly I might add but they also buttoned up quiet smoothly and I still had room to breathe and they were a size 16 and my pants that I can wear are all 18 and 20. I called my daddy so excited and just fell to the floor crying and he's a hour and half away and all he could say is "I'm so proud of you baby girl for not only doing this but doing this for you. Keep up the work and remember to always keep God first". Im still in disbelief because I haven't been able to wear them in a year and a half and now.....:'):'). Thank you guys for all y'all support I know without God and y'all I would be here!!!

Replies

• make_it_so
    make_it_so Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great NSV! Praise God!
  • HR0912
    HR0912 Posts: 10
    Options
    That is awesome! Yay!! (I'm somewhat new here and I don't know what NSV means?)
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    Congrats! Great NSV! Praise God!

Thank you!!! And yes Amen praise Him...
    Options

It's okay when I was new on here I had no idea either but it means "Non-Scale Victory"
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • HR0912
    HR0912 Posts: 10
    Options

It's okay when I was new on here I had no idea either but it means "Non-Scale Victory"

Ahhh! Great!! (I see you are in Arlington, I am in Keller :)
    Options

Ahhh! Great!! (I see you are in Arlington, I am in Keller :)

Well since I'm very new to this area I have absolutely no idea where Keller is but I'm pretty sure its close....lol
  • sugarkane1234
    sugarkane1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job from a fellow Texan! An awesome NSV!!! I was also an 18 - 20, now 12 -14 and still plugging away. Keep up the good work!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    That is great. So motivating for me, I started at a 20 and am now at an 18 and can fit into one of my 16s, guessing it runs a little big. I can't wait for the 14,12,10 and 8
    Options
    That is great. So motivating for me, I started at a 20 and am now at an 18 and can fit into one of my 16s, guessing it runs a little big. I can't wait for the 14,12,10 and 8

Awesomeness.....congratulations to you!!!!!! And I can't wait either...good luck!!!!
    Options
    Great job from a fellow Texan! An awesome NSV!!! I was also an 18 - 20, now 12 -14 and still plugging away. Keep up the good work!

Awesome!!!! Another Texan!!!!!!! Congratulations on your big victory.....I am so looking forward to thos days pf 12&14 but I won't stop there!!!!!
  • aviatrix80
    Options
    You guys and girls are all doing so great!! Its really motivating to those of us who are struggling, but trying to stay positive. Is there a time when it doesn't feel like a struggle or fight - I hope so!

NSV - someone asked who wasn't sure what it means - Non Scales Victory - basically anything else that makes you feel good about losing weight, like someone complementing you or being able to get into smaller clothes.

Keep up the good work everyone! From New Zealand. :):)
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    As for a "complete success story", heck yeah! You are a work in progress and are cleaning His temple! Revel and rejoice in each victory! Congratulations!!:smile:
    Options
    As for a "complete success story", heck yeah! You are a work in progress and are cleaning His temple! Revel and rejoice in each victory! Congratulations!!:smile:

Thank you so much!!!!! And I continue to thank Him everyday!!!!
    Options
    You guys and girls are all doing so great!! Its really motivating to those of us who are struggling, but trying to stay positive. Is there a time when it doesn't feel like a struggle or fight - I hope so!

NSV - someone asked who wasn't sure what it means - Non Scales Victory - basically anything else that makes you feel good about losing weight, like someone complementing you or being able to get into smaller clothes.

Keep up the good work everyone! From New Zealand. :):)

Oh yes....this is a fight......EVERYDAY but it gets better everyday and I am so thankful and try to stay positive everyday!!!!
    P.S. what time is it in New Zealand??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!