Soda NSV!

Options
llaurenmarie
llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
I've been drinking only water(and few cups of tea) for about a week now.

I was feeling a little like not caring tonight, recent stress going on

Went to the fridge planning to get anything but water and looked at the soda, remembered how it tasted, and immediately grabbed the water.

That's the best when you're past that 'need of flavor' mindset :D

Replies

• brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    awesome job - i havent had soda in 7 months ! YOU ARE DOING GREAT !
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    awesome job - i havent had soda in 7 months ! YOU ARE DOING GREAT !
    Thanks! Yeah I remembered how the last few regular sodas I've had were sickeningly sweet and the diets just leave a coating in your mouth. Yuck
  • karyta
    karyta Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am a soda addict since I was a child, now I'm at day 7 of no soda! It's hard, but it is so worth it, I remember before I got married I quit drinking soda for a month and lost 15 lbs, they had to alter my dress! Lol. That is motivating me to never drink it again!

Congrats on your NSV and keep at it! :)
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It is amazing how easy it is to fall into old habits - great job at staying on track though :flowerforyou:
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Before you know it you'll be craving water and drinking it will be habit, you wont even think about fizzy stuff! And totally agree with the flavour thing, ugh sickly sweet or artificial!!!
  • Lola824
    Lola824 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I gave up soda around 3 months ago and feel so much better!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Even seeing research on how it rots your mouth is just enough
  • dkiger85
    dkiger85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! You can try flavored sparkling water if you ever want the bubbly effect of soda. My go to is the black cherry at walmart, it is cheap and taste just like cherry coke. I love it! the best part is the zero calorie aspect of it.
  • rebamay87
    rebamay87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome work :) This is my 5th week soft drink free.. really makes a difference, was very hard but well worth it.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Thats awesome! You can try flavored sparkling water if you ever want the bubbly effect of soda. My go to is the black cherry at walmart, it is cheap and taste just like cherry coke. I love it! the best part is the zero calorie aspect of it.
    Black cherry is amazing!
  • mbw5680
    mbw5680 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post--I needed the inspiration and encouragement! I've been two weeks without Diet Coke and I find that I am missing it less and less (sometimes I'll sneak a sip of my husband's, which is more than enough!) I love the "Mio" type products to put in my water to give it flavor.

I haven't noticed a difference w/ weight loss (because I didn't actually eliminate any calories) but I definitely think my tastebuds are remembering what normal sweet tastes like. Carrots actually tasted GOOD!
  • Ce87girl
    Ce87girl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I haven't had soda in 7 months - and honestly I don't miss it. I actually had a sip of a root beer yesterday, and it tasted awful to me. Water, tea, and almond milk are all that I'll drink really. An occasional night out and I'll have a glass of wine or something - but everyday it's water/tea combo and it feels awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!