almost 6 months post baby

Options
ingeh
ingeh Posts: 513 Member
Well I had my second son on 30th october 2012 and Im back to pre pregnancy size and weight. Im 157lbs and measure 36-30-37. All the ladies in my family are short waisted and have literally no waist. At my smallest of 126lbs I was still 36-28-36, so I cant get much smaller then I am now. Im a uk size 12 - US size 8 and trying to get my body confidence back. I had 2 kids 18 months apart so Im still a little cloudy in my mind about how I really look. My partner is great and says I look fine and dont need to lose more. I need to lose another 7-10bs to get to a healthy BMI (im 5"5) so thats my goal for now. I keep having days off and have stayed the same weight for about 1 month now as I keep going up and down with eating due to easter and lots of birthdays. I havent gained so thats the main thing!
Im looking for some reassurence that I do look ok and I dont need to keep obsessing that im fat. My tummy wontget flat never has been even at my lowest weight so Im not bothered about that. I just would like to be able to see myself how everyone else does, Im in the process of buying new clothes and makeing over myself to get used to the new me, but I cant make myself buy the new clothes as I hate spending money on myself! Thanks to anyone who responds with any views or messages as theyre very welcome!

Snapshot_20130427_9_zps3bedca6d.jpg

Snapshot_20130427_zps4301c2a1.jpg

Replies

• bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    of course you look fine! I would love to be where you are at this time. What is important is that you are focusing on health. glad your partner is "happy" with your progress. working towards better health - getting with in BMI guidelines is a great goal, but get there in a healthy way! congratulations on your new little chap! :flowerforyou:
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look great and have managed to get into shape in such a short period of time. Be proud of yourself!!!
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!!
    go buy yourself that new outfit that makes 'you' feel amazing then everything else will fall into place!!
  • cwmp
    cwmp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awedome job! I ha d my bsbies 14 months apart so I know how you feel.
  • janjangoodeats
    janjangoodeats Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the postpartum weight loss! You look great!

I had my first almost 11 months ago, but it took me until she was 6 months old before I started getting back into shape. I was doing really well at first, but started to lose focus once I got to a comfortable size. However, I feel like getting back on track again, so if you're looking for someone to get fit with, I'm here! We seem to have similar builds (I'm 5'5" and 35-30-38.5) and situations, which is always reassuring.

Keep at it!
  • janjangoodeats
    janjangoodeats Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add:
    GO BUY YOURSELF A NEW OUTFIT! YOU DESERVE IT!
  • Slim_Donna
    Slim_Donna Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look fab :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!