JM shred question!

Options
Hey you all! i've been doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels, and the results it has been given me it's great, i'm at my 13th day, and i'm so excited :D
But, i have a question, what to do after you finish with that program? cuz it's obvious you will lose all you accomplished if you stop doing workout. I'm a bit scare that i'll get big if i won't do any excercise after the 30 day even if i keep eating 1200 calories daily.
Any personal experience or advise?

Thank you all for your answers

Replies

• JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people rotating between JM's various dvds. 30 day shred one month, 6 pack in 6 weeks next month, ripped in 30 and so on. She has many dvds for you to try. Youre right youll have to keep moving around to somthing else otherwise youll start getting soft and losing your results.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I just finished the shred yesterday and I'm tackling Ripped in 30 starting Monday and after that, maybe Insanity!
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have just finished the shred too, starting Ripped in 30 on Monday and then after that I'm going to do the shred again to see if I can follow the advanced moves instead!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS and am now doing Insanity. 30DS was a good start as I'd not exercised for a while but I soon got bored of the same workout every day, I prefer the variations of Insanity. When I'm done with Insanity I plan to take a week 'break' before Insanity Asylum so will prob do a couple of days of Shred, Extreme Shred, Banish Fat etc just to keep me moving.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You can re-do it until you have the advanced moves perfectly, up your weights or get another dvd...30D shred was the first one I tried - I have now completed a few of hers, Chalean Xtreme, P90X, Angie Millar's Kettlebell bootcamp, various dumbell routines, and am currently doing the Kettlebell Iron core series....And running for cardio...If you have a dvd player and can start buying weights in bits and pieces, the sky is the limit.......
  • jennerlnz
    jennerlnz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I never did it for 30 days - got too bored. But my usual repertoire is just a mix of her DVDs - I have nearly all of them. I just throw one on, pick a work-out and do it. Can't go wrong there.

Funny, I heard JM say on a podcast recently that she doesn't understand why anyone still buys "that old thing" (30DS). I believe she referred to it as "crap." Ripped in 30 is the same idea (though three strength moves per circuit rather than 2) and there are four work-outs on the DVD. Also, I know lots of people who think they are supposed to do these ones every single day - she has said you really should take at least one rest day per week.

I like almost all of her DVDs, though I just got Hard Body and found some of the moves kind of stupid - and one made me hurt my wrist. And I don't like the Kickbox Fastfix (is that the title?). Otherwise, you're getting a good workout with any of them. Start building your library - they are cheap, and you won't get bored very quickly. :)
  • Limbo2012
    Limbo2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi! Once I finished 30 Day Shred, I started doing Ripped in 30. Now, I'm finishing up JM's Body Revolution program. I enjoy ALL JM work-outs, she truly delivers! Congratulations on anticipating your next exercise move! It's a solid recipe for success on your journey! :D
  • muddynicola
    muddynicola Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have about 7 of her dvds and do them on rotation every day but I don't do the 30 day shred for 30 days I will do each stage on 4 consecutive days then move on and do each stage of the next one for however many days that lasts and so on. I find it stops it getting boring for you and your muscles and naturally varies the intensity.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    After finishing 30DS I went on to Ripped in 30, then some of The Biggest Loser DVDs. Then I started running and using some of Jillian's more intense DVDs (Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is the best one, it's a killer) and most recently, Yoga Meltdown. Now I am just in the process of toning :)
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Funny, I heard JM say on a podcast recently that she doesn't understand why anyone still buys "that old thing" (30DS). I believe she referred to it as "crap."

Jillian better watch it :wink:

She needs to read up on Gerald Ratner.

Gerald Ratner wiped £500 million from the value of Ratners jewellers with one speech in 1991.

He said: "We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. People say, 'How can you sell this for such a low price?' I say, because it's total crap."