slim fast

Options
does anyone drink the slim fast shakes, i hate breakfast and i thought if i drank one every morning that could replace breakfast and get my metabolism going, and get my butt back on track.

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Slimfast doesn't have nearly the same level of nutrition of a lot of shakes available to you, and it is higher in sugar. If you were to use the "Search" function on the threads and search "slimfast" you will come up with numerous threads debating the pros and cons and mentioning other products as well.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If you were just going to use it as a breakfast replacement and not as an actual diet I think it would be okay......but you might be better off when one of the other shakes available out there like ensure or even making your own smoothies with fruit, veggies, milk, yogurt, peanut butter.....the variety is endless.
  • jenniebelle
    Options
    You can try the GNC lean shake, I think it may be alot more nutritionally valuable than slim fast. Or I have heard that Jillian Michaels recommends EAS advantage (carb control) Shakes if you HAVE to do the shake thing. Good Luck!
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    They seem to work for me! I drink one every morning because they are not too expensive and taste pretty good. I usually don't eat a breakfast and have read up that its really good for your metabolism to have a morning meal like you mentioned. So yeah keep it up! I like the strawberries and cream one!
  • mookiemoomoo
    mookiemoomoo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    what about having a breakfast bar just a thought
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    does anyone drink the slim fast shakes, i hate breakfast and i thought if i drank one every morning that could replace breakfast and get my metabolism going, and get my butt back on track.

I have never drank any of those slimming drinks, only because I am on a life-long eating plan and slimming drinks are not included in that.

If you hate breakfast, this is what I would do. Have a cup of tea or coffee, or water or juice as soon as you wake up and then wait. Carry on doing your chores or whatever you do first thing in the morning, give it half hour, an hour and then you should start to feel peckish and that is the time that you would most probably enjoy your breakfast, rather than trying to eat it when you just can't face it. Just make sure you have something to drink first thing.

I sometimes have to get up at 3am for my job, I do NOT fancy eating that time in the morning, for a start, it just isn't natural to eat then and secondly, I am not even hungry at that time, so I usually hang on and find all is hunky-dorey two hours later :wink:
  • Diaz07fam
    Diaz07fam Posts: 43
    Options
    thanks everyone, the thought of even having to chew something in the morning gags me ha, but i will have to check out these other shakes and see what i can find i didnt realize there was so many, just worrIed about the tast of them hah
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    I use them at times. I know they have sugar, but I like the taste and price. They usually satisfy me until lunch.
  • catchtanya
    catchtanya Posts: 15
    Options
    I 2nd the comment about making your own. You could mix it up the night before and store in the fridge in your to-go container. Grab and Go!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, the thought of even having to chew something in the morning gags me ha, but i will have to check out these other shakes and see what i can find i didnt realize there was so many, just worrIed about the tast of them hah

Go to the Jay Robb website and check out his protein shakes. Real Nutrition, taste really good too.