New to MFP

Options
JennKend
JennKend Posts: 11 Member
Hi all! I joined about two weeks ago after finally deciding it is time to start taking care of me for once. I am a 38 year old single mom to two boys who are 18 and 16. My oldest son has Asperger's Syndrome. I work full time outside of the home and in my off hours, I homeschool the kids. I have recently realized that I have just been putting all my energy into just getting things done and have really let myself go. I have a lot of weight to lose but I am determined that I want to look and feel better. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi! When you have a lot of other people and things to take care of it is so easy to forget about taking care of yourself, isnt it!? i have been trying to remind myself to take care of myself first instead of last... then i do a better job of taking care of everybody else. thanks for the friend add!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you joined us! Making time for yourself is very important, you've taken the first step!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    You sound like a very giving person. Now it's time to be good to you! After all, you can't manage such a busy life indefinitely if you don't take care of yourself first. MFP is a great spot to start your journey.
  • JennKend
    JennKend Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This site has really helped me be more aware of what I am eating and getting the exercise in which is the hardest part for me. I really want to do this though!