I have tried insanity before and need encourgement

Options
I made it to week 3 the last time i attempted insanity but i began to forget things... mental/phychical exhaustion..etc and also got shin splints, is their anything i can do to prevent this happening this time i complete insanity,

i was only eating 1500 cals a day

Replies

• trixietreat7
    trixietreat7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What the hell is insanity?
  • insanehorseman
    Options
    Insanity is a intense 60 day exercise program it is available on amazon, but I bought it for £50 second hand on ebay
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You may need to eat more, and I would modify exercises if you can not jump so high. etc...
    try again and if you are having problems you may need to switch workouts till you are physically ready or go to a doctor.
    Hope it works out, I am done with week 2 and I am not having those issues. I eat approximately 1,800 calories, all depends on how much calories I burn that day.
  • insanehorseman
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, i will try not jumping as much.
  • momhockey36
    Options
    Try Beach Body Sean T dance exercise. Not as intense as insanity.
  • insanehorseman
    Options
    Hi monhockey36, thankyou so much for answering, I will look at Beach Body Sean T dance exercise, I am also going to try p90x but need to lose a few pounds I think p90x is more for muscle building than fat burning
  • bf1110
    bf1110 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    p90x is worse on the jumping than insanity so if your trying to stay away fromt he jumping I wouldnt use it. I would maybe use a dance video instead maybe like zumba thats what I do its burns like 1000 per hour.
  • andreamccarthy26
    andreamccarthy26 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Does insanity actually work? I see the ad on TV all the time and each time I'm always left thinking hmm should i give it a try. Did you see any results after the 3 weeks ?
  • nataliaaverills
    Options
    Heyyy My Name is Natalia I am 23 years old and recently medically retired from the army. Currently, I am on a challenge to change the expected outcomes of doctors and change life, lose weight and be healthy. I have started a seasonal fitness challenge group on Facebook called "Fit 4 Spring". since we are currently in spring. We have over 100 members and everyone has come together and giving tons of support, sharing there goals and motivating each other. We are always looking for more support and would love to have some of you be apart of us! If you would like to join us let me know! I am currently doing insanity and drinking shakeology I've lost 6 pounds already. We can definitely keep eachother motivated.
  • nataliaaverills
    Options
    Yes insanity certainly works lol it is no joke! I have a whole fitness challenge group where a few of members including myself are doing insanity.
  • andreamccarthy26
    Options
    great :) just looking on ebay now to see if i can get a copy of it.. So, I'm hoping its alright for an extremely unfit person to start that, right? lol
  • nataliaaverills
    Options
    lol yes and shakeology goes along great with it and really spikes the weight loss. I am a beachbody coach and can get you a discount and you can compare with ebay and see what you find cheaper. Feel free to email me so you can be in the challenge group because with insanity you need all the support you can get lol my email is trinibroadway@aol.com
  • andreamccarthy26
    Options
    great :) I'm actually going to try this. :sad: nervouslol
  • insanehorseman
    Options
    p90x is worse on the jumping than insanity so if your trying to stay away fromt he jumping I wouldnt use it. I would maybe use a dance video instead maybe like zumba thats what I do its burns like 1000 per hour.

Do you know of a good zumba video
  • insanehorseman
    Options
    Does insanity actually work? I see the ad on TV all the time and each time I'm always left thinking hmm should i give it a try. Did you see any results after the 3 weeks ?

I think I lost around 1 stone in 3 weeks but i was not taking in enough calories, i was eating 1500 calories, so i ended up failing the diet due to being exhausted.
  • insanehorseman
    Options
    great :) just looking on ebay now to see if i can get a copy of it.. So, I'm hoping its alright for an extremely unfit person to start that, right? lol

When i started insanity i was running a few times a week which never seemed to help me lose anything, but i still found insanity very difficult and was already able to run 5 mile, .
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Tell me that everybody in this thread is trolling.......