Sugar Sugar Sugar Highs!! Am I the only one?

Options
2»

Replies

• tjbear6145
    Options
    I am also a sugar addition --one candy bar and I am off for the day. I have been eating a lot of greek yogurt for treats, but you have to be careful of which ones you pick, I like Dannon 80 calorie, I think it is one of the lowest in calories
  • ViviLane
    ViviLane Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hey! i recommend you go to sarahwilson.com.au and check out her 'i quit sugar' tag! she has a looooot of info & advice on her blog if you go back through it, and if you like what you read and you want more, she has a ebook IQS plan, and an IQS e-cookbook. theres also an #iqs tag on instagram that i love. i did the IQS program for a while and it was definitely hard, but good. i didn't end up keeping going with it after the 8 week detox, but it taught me a lot about my sugar cravings and how eating sugar makes me feel (hungrier, grumpier).
    i have gone back to my sweet tooth, but not as badly, and i am still very glad i did it. it changed my eating habits in some ways for good - i have veggies & protein for brekkie now instead of fruit and yoghurt, and it is SO much more filling.
    give it a look!

Will definitely check this out! :wink:
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Additional sugar though? Easy, wean yourself off. It took me a couple weeks, but I went from taking my espresso, "Dark as night, sweet as love." To simply: "Dark as night, bitter as a dethroned politician."
    LOL. I need to do this, too. Love me some cream and sugar with a dash of coffee.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    HollisGrant, That's such a great strategy! I've never considered eating prior to meeting people for outings! I am currently weighing my food, and use the mornings for the majority of my sugar intake (protein shakes, and green smoothies w/fruit).

I eat the majority of my sugars early, too. I've been making myself banana splits for breakfast lately with yogurt, fruit and cereal that stays crunchy. It runs me about 400-500 calories, and I don't think about sugar much for the rest of the day. Sometimes I even add some chocolate syrup or cocoa mix, even though chopped dark chocolate would be a "healthier" addition.
  • AshleighTB
    AshleighTB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was getting addicted to sugar not too long, I would sit down and say to myself... oh I need something sweet and sugary! Not that I was hungry, but my body(mind) demanded me to go to the shop and buy a slice of carrot cake. I found the quickest way for me is to not even buy those types of foods and stick with fruit or more natural ingredients. I can't tell you the last time I actually used sugar. Try ripe banana's, strawberries, fruit. My favourite is a ripe banana in my oatmeal for breakfast, it tastes just like banana bread which I LOVE. I find if I buy a chocolate bar I'll just eat the whole thing.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options

I eat the majority of my sugars early, too. I've been making myself banana splits for breakfast lately with yogurt, fruit and cereal that stays crunchy. It runs me about 400-500 calories, and I don't think about sugar much for the rest of the day. Sometimes I even add some chocolate syrup or cocoa mix, even though chopped dark chocolate would be a "healthier" addition.

Going to HAVE to try this out. What do your carbs tend to run for this? I'm a bit carb sensitive, which is why I'm asking. Sounds delicious!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options

Going to HAVE to try this out. What do your carbs tend to run for this? I'm a bit carb sensitive, which is why I'm asking. Sounds delicious!

It really varies depending on what kind of yogurt and cereal we have. I don't have a lot of say in what comes into the house because I'm just an extended guest while I get back on my feet, but my diary is open to friends. Add me if you want to take a look (it's probably 90-ish% accurate). I usually stay close to MFP's carb recommendation, but my body does pretty well as long as I don't eat jelly doughnuts every day. For breakfast, I prefer plain yogurt over flavored, and I'm thinking of digging through the pantry for leftover bits of dried fruit and semi-sweet chocolate from baking season...