Homemade Healthy Ice Cream!

Options
I made ice cream today using a recipe I got from an amazing fitness mom. It's simple, healthy, and very delicious!

You'll need two-three bananas, 1/4-1/2 cup of fat free milk, and 2 hefty tablespoons of peanut butter.

Chop the banana into pieces and freeze over night.
Place bananas, peanut butter and milk in a blender. I also added cinnamon and nutmeg for an extra kick. Blend on high and voila!! It's sooooo good, and 1/2 Cup is apprx 130 calories (Less then my beloved skinny cow sandwiches!)

Enjoy!

Xo

Replies

• xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have some almost overripe bananas and will try this today! Thanks for sharing.
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jujuki47
    jujuki47 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    yummm!
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    we make this at least twice as week at our house. Love it I am an ice cream addict to this is a good alternative
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favourites. I make without the milk though, just with bananas and peanut butter. I also have a variation where I add chocolate if I am feeling like a treat (and which I made today) and one without peanut butter but with a small amount of fat free Greek yogurt instead - so many opportunities :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    I make this without the peanut butter but a handful of frozen berries instead. A little lower in calories. The berries don't really add flavour, they just improve the appearance (colour).
  • beenisafe
    beenisafe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • jazzcat55
    Options
    I made this a little while ago. It really is GOOD! Next time I think I will only partially freeze the banana pieces, as it seemed to be a little hard on my food processor.

I used a couple tablespoons of PB2 instead of the peanut butter, and a couple splashes (not even 1/4 cup) of vanilla soy milk.

Can't wait for dessert tonight. Now I have something to alternate with chocolate tofu pudding. Thanks again!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I made this a little while ago. It really is GOOD! Next time I think I will only partially freeze the banana pieces, as it seemed to be a little hard on my food processor.

I used a couple tablespoons of PB2 instead of the peanut butter, and a couple splashes (not even 1/4 cup) of vanilla soy milk.

Can't wait for dessert tonight. Now I have something to alternate with chocolate tofu pudding. Thanks again!

Also good made with sweetened almond milk.
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mode42
    mode42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    This sound tasty! Bump for later :)
  • jazzcat55
    Options
    I had a lot of bananas that were quickly going south, so I made a double batch. I made one batch with 3 bananas and a couple tablespoons of cocoa powder. I put that into a Rubbermaid container. Then I made another batch with 3 bananas and a couple tablespoons of PB2. I poured that over the first batch, then used a spatula to swirl them together. Now I have marbled chocolate/peanut butter banana "ice cream" in the freezer for dessert. :love:
  • christy7322
    christy7322 Posts: 31
    Options
    Bump
  • connielouivey
    connielouivey Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome!
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Okay, I need an honest opinion. Does this just taste like frozen flavored banana mush? I ask because I DESPISE bananas and banana flavored things, and I don't really want to make it if I know I won't like it. But the idea sounds so great and low cal.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Okay, I need an honest opinion. Does this just taste like frozen flavored banana mush? I ask because I DESPISE bananas and banana flavored things, and I don't really want to make it if I know I won't like it. But the idea sounds so great and low cal.

I make with one frozen banana, 4 oz of milk., 4 oz of frozen berries and a couple of packets of Splenda. It tastes like a sherbet/ice cream blend and is very good. I don't notice the banana taste but to be safe you could just use 1/2. I always put my over ripe bananas in the freezer so I have them on hand for this desert don't forget to slice them before you freeze them. It really does make you feel like you are not being left out on ice cream night. Enjoy.