Gaining weight on 30 day shred! please help!

Options
I've started the 30 day shred almost 2 weeks ago. I've done 9 days of level 1 within 13 days and haven't changed my diet. But i've gone from 9 stone 8 to 9 stone 12. it's very demotivating :( is this normal?

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Yes. Keep going. Measure yourself.
  • egtram01
    egtram01 Posts: 7
    Options
    30DS involves lots of strength training, so you might be gaining muscle.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I agree. Measure. Take photos. If you have a LOT of weight to lose, change your routine to every other day and add in cardio like running every other day. Try to burn 200-300 calories a session.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You haven't changed your diet.... Maybe you should.
  • fatguydiary
    fatguydiary Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Measure, take photos, and always be honest with yourself. Good Luck. I lost over 150 lbs a few years ago and am 'rebooting' now. Honesty and attitude go a long way with diet and exercise.
    Its a journey!
    TheFatGuyTheFitGuyTheBEAST
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You haven't changed your diet.... Maybe you should.

I agree with this! I didn't check your diary, but if you aren't logging calories then definitely start, abs are made in the kitchen ;) Also, on my first 10 days I gained around 3lbs, and now 2 days later I'm back to my starting weight and definitely feeling more toned. It's probably just water weight.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    I gained 4 pounds and lost 24.5 inches. I'll take that trade off.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I gained 4 pounds and lost 24.5 inches. I'll take that trade off.

That's awesome!
  • uropachild
    Options
    I am on day 16 now and I weigh 1lb more than starting, but on day 7 I weighed 5lbs more than my starting weight!! I have lost a total of 4 inches so far on waist, hips, thighs and arms. I've not been dieting either though and I plan to start tomorrow. (Ha!) :)
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You could add more protein and less carbs unless all your carbs are based on fruits and vegetables. Agreed is you are losing inches than it could be worth it. Step off the scale for awhile and see what the difference in your body is in a couple of weeks as you are further into the program.
  • fiona9999
    Options
    Thanks! I'll definitely start taking measurements- shame i didn't from the start!