blood type diet

Options
Has anyone followed the blood type diet .I was just reading about it as I am o positive and all the things I like and eat are what I am not supposed to eat .I am not supposed to eat white potatoes ,wholegrain products ,oranges ,cashews, cabbage ,mushrooms and loads more ,has anyone done this plan and does it work ,curious

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    As with most of these things it's a bunch of hokum. Eat sensibly within your calorie goal and exercise then you'll lose weight and as a plus you also won't help fund silly unscientific diet plans which can only be a good thing.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    it's a bunch of hokum. Eat sensibly within your calorie goal and exercise then you'll lose weight and as a plus you also won't help fund silly unscientific diet plans which can only be a good thing.

^^^ this x10
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Who comes up with this sort of stuff? And second, who goes out and follows it? Why? Good gravy, what a way to run a railroad!
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Eat as clean as possible, try with in your cal count and you will loss weight. exerise mean and use some of those cals for the things you like....

anyone can add me
  • martintanz
    martintanz Posts: 280
    Options
    I have to agree. There is no such thing as eating right for your blood type. Just greedy people stealing money by writing books based on pseudo science.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I'm going to write the hair color diet. The awesome thing about this is that if you don't like the foods you're allowed to have, you can just get a bottle of L'Oreal.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mcbqn0t6Kd1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

gurl just no.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Medical experts universally agree that the theory is nonsense, and say there is absolutely no link between our blood group and the diet we eat. Consequently you won’t find qualified nutritionists or dietitians recommending this diet.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    It's another restrictive fad diet backed by a theory and nothing else.
  • serendipity0924
    Options
    I have read the book and interestingly enough, I found that the foods the book tells me NOT to eat for my blood type (A-), are actually the ones that cause me problems. As far as following it religiously... I haven't. But... I have eliminated a lot of the foods that bother me that were on my "Avoid" list.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    AB? what shall I eat?
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I bet you could put hundreds of people on their blood type diet and feed them an excess of calories and they will in fact gain weight not lose it.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    There is no basis for this in science. There is no correlation between genetic variations in metabolic processes and your blood type.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    A+ what should I eat?
  • tino124
    tino124 Posts: 25
    Options
    this cant be real life.

OP, i've got a bridge for sale if you're interested. Great deal, I promise.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Don't trust that sort of hokum. Plus... no avocados? I'm out!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    okayyyyyy...I still don't know what to eat. :angry:

Personality

Type AB often receives mixed messages about emotional health. While you tend to be drawn to other people and are friendly and trusting, there is a side of you that feels alienated from the larger community. At your best, you are intuitive and spiritual, with an ability to look beyond the rigid confines of society. You are passionate in your beliefs, but you also want to be liked by others and this can create conflicts. In an independent study, Type ABs described themselves as emotional, passionate, friendly, trusting and empathetic. Type ABs are considered some of the most interesting of the blood types, both John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe were Type ABs and although both are long gone, they hold a place in our national psyche to this day.

Live Right!

Here are Dr. D’Adamo’s key lifestyle strategies for people with Blood Type AB:
    Cultivate your social nature in welcoming environments. Avoid situations that are highly competitive
    Avoid ritualistic thinking and fixating on issues, especially those you can’t control or influence
    Develop a clear plan for goals and tasks – annually, monthly, weekly, daily – to avoid rushing
    Make lifestyle changes gradually, rather than trying to tackle everything at once
    Engage in forty-five to sixty minutes of aerobic exercise at least twice a week. Balanced by daily stretching, medititation or yoga
    Engage in a community, neighborhood or other group activity that gives you a meaningful connection to a group
    Practice visualization techniques daily
    Also carve out time alone. Have at least one sport, hobby or activity that you perform independently of others
    Break up your workday with some physical activity, especially if your job is sedentary. You’ll feel more energized
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'm O Negative and this is nonsense.
  • TriciaSima
    TriciaSima Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know there are the nay-sayers BUT I am a believer that some foods work better on some people and how it processes in the body. I have done and still continue to follow the blood type diet. I too am a O blood type...now this basically is eating like a caveman, which is also Atkins, or any other diet that does not contain complex carbs. Yes, people I know it means watching calories BUT if I eat bread, rice, pasta, sugar...it is over...I eat fresh veggies, protein, and fruit my body responds well. Now is it a coincidence that my blood type works with the diet possible BUT do not be so negative until you have all the facts. I say it is worth a shot! :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm O Negative and this is nonsense.

I'm O- too.