Shall I keep cutting??

Hey guys,
Here is a bit of info about me first:
Hight: 174 cm
wight: 73.5 kg
BF: the estimation machine on the gym showing me 11.8% but I feel I am a bit more than that, I can see some of my stomach muscle but only if i contracted them, I can see a bit of my rips also
goal: to get red of all the fat around my west and stomach and see the damn six packs

I have been always during the past 4 years going between bulk and cut...doing bulk until I feel I gain a lot of fat and then I do cut and then i found my self getting too thin...I think I never continue to reach my goal either in cutting or bulking.

My question is, shall I keep going on cutting?
I know you guys might tell me if I am happy with the fat % then go for bulking, but I think I am not and I am afraid if I keep pursuing getting red of this fat I will become like a zombie!

Any advise from someone have been or in my same situation?

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    I'm not sure. but what's your program like? DYEL?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    In my opinion I would say go for the cut.

Judging by your profile it ooks like you've already go decent size to you.

That being said it's entirely up to you . . .

Do you want to get bigger or do you want to get leaner?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Cutting is an unhealthy way to deal with depression. You may need to talk to a professional.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    General rule of thumb, assuming decent LBM in the first place, cut until 10% or below. It's really a personal choice however and bulking at higher, assuming still relatively lean which you are, is not a big issue.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    General rule of thumb, assuming decent LBM in the first place, cut until 10% or below. It's really a personal choice however and bulking at higher, assuming still relatively lean which you are, is not a big issue.

Sara and SideSteel always have great input!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Hey guys,
    Here is a bit of info about me first:
    Hight: 174 cm
    wight: 73.5 kg
    BF: the estimation machine on the gym showing me 11.8% but I feel I am a bit more than that, I can see some of my stomach muscle but only if i contracted them, I can see a bit of my rips also
    goal: to get red of all the fat around my west and stomach and see the damn six packs

I have been always during the past 4 years going between bulk and cut...doing bulk until I feel I gain a lot of fat and then I do cut and then i found my self getting too thin...I think I never continue to reach my goal either in cutting or bulking.

My question is, shall I keep going on cutting?
    I know you guys might tell me if I am happy with the fat % then go for bulking, but I think I am not and I am afraid if I keep pursuing getting red of this fat I will become like a zombie!

Any advise from someone have been or in my same situation?
    If you're happy then stay at your current level for a while. Allow your hormones to "adapt". Later on decide on what you want to do.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Sounds like you are worn out with the cycle and would like to try something new to acheive your goals that involves less zig zig. My brother had a ton of luck with Insanity and swears by it. He says it's "all you'll ever need". He achieved a tapered torso and six pack and is a lean machine in probably 6-7 months. He says he's very active at work and doesn't have to worry about calories.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

If this is your primary goal, and this is not where you are right now, then you've pretty much answered your own question
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    I would say to keep cutting. I know I was happy around 10% BF back when I was in great physical shape. 8% looked killer, but too hard to maintain over a long period for me. I am on my way back down to 10% and that is where I plan to stay ....
  • xMidox
    xMidox Posts: 42 Member
    Okay then I guess I will keep cutting nice and gentle until I reach to 8% hope I will not be too thin by that time though!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    looking thin or not depends how much muscle there is, so you should be fine.