Should we stick to MFP Target weight range ??

Options
my target weight range says I should be between 104 and 140 . I really don't want to go that far I want to reach 145 lbs and maintain, it says here that 145 is going to be overweight but I reached 160 lbs before in a previous weight loss attempt and I felt so amazing back then, so I guess 145 lbs wouldn't be overweight for me ! I don't want to be skinny too I want to have some curves just thick a little bit ...

Is it unhealthy to think this way ? should I really stick to what's written here ?

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes. Do exactly what a website that doesn't know your body composition, muscle, exercise level, health, tells you to do........ /sarcasm

What exactly is your question? Read your own post and tell me what you think ;)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Aim for what makes you happy. You can always re-adjust where you want to be the closer you get to your goal. :flowerforyou:
  • 1tjs10
    1tjs10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First piece of advice is ignore sarcastic comments! Second is if you are concerned I would ask your family Dr. If you looked and felt healthy and were happy in your skin at 160 or so then maybe the 145 range is perfect. Your Dr. is best to advise you where your weight should be. So much does depend on muscle/fat ratio, cholesterol readings and general health. :) Best wishes to you on this journey.
  • yrollam1013
    yrollam1013 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sometimes generic ideal weight ranges don't take into account body frame size. You could search for, and calculate your body frame size and that will give you a ideal weight range.
  • menojy
    menojy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes. Do exactly what a website that doesn't know your body composition, muscle, exercise level, health, tells you to do........ /sarcasm

lol okay :D
    well I am no expert of what is healthy and what's not .. I might feel great or look great but still not healthy, actually I feel I am okay now too but I know I am not totally healthy yet because of my BMI
    that's why I am asking :)
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options

lol okay :D
    well I am no expert of what is healthy and what's not .. I might feel great or look great but still not healthy, actually I feel I am okay now too but I know I am not totally healthy yet because of my BMI
    that's why I am asking :)

Forget about BMI. BMI is the most ridiculous scale there is. BMI does not take into account anything I mentioned!! Do you know that most top athletes are considered obese (and thus unhealthy) according to their BMI? ;)

If your eating habits are good and you get some exercise in and most importantly you FEEL good - go for it girl!!!
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 104-140 is quite a low weight range!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Take a peek at this website here: http://www.mybodygallery.com/
    I find it very interesting to browse through the pictures and see how REAL women look at different heights and weights. Gives a whiole new perspective on goal weight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

I'll take a guess at somewhere between 5'2 and 5'4.
  • menojy
    menojy Posts: 92 Member
    Options

5'3 pretty short ^_^
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would say petite lol.
    That weight depends on muscle percentage etc. It might be worth you looking at what a healthy % of body fat is and aim for that?
    Best of luck.
  • Puggles04
    Puggles04 Posts: 37
    Options
    Aim for 145/150 then focus on muscle toning and strength training with less cardio. :) Once you are close to high end of your goal range, skip the scale(weight 2x a month or so) and focus on the body fat %, muscle mass and how well your clothes fit. Also measurements too :)
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    my target weight range says I should be between 104 and 140 . I really don't want to go that far I want to reach 145 lbs and maintain, it says here that 145 is going to be overweight but I reached 160 lbs before in a previous weight loss attempt and I felt so amazing back then, so I guess 145 lbs wouldn't be overweight for me ! I don't want to be skinny too I want to have some curves just thick a little bit ...

Is it unhealthy to think this way ? should I really stick to what's written here ?

I can relate to where your coming from. I felt really good when I was 170lbs in my late teens. I did not really have a gut and I think I looked really pretty in clothes. You should just see where you are comfortable at and stick with that weight.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    mybodygallery.com
    Love this site ^
    You enter your height, body type, pick a weight, etc, and see tons of pics of real women that height and different weights, etc.

Edit: For curiousity sake... Where did you even find this target? I'm hunting through the site trying to find it now :D