NSV, compliments and avoiding rice krispy treats

Options
I am so glad that I decided to check out MFP. I had been recommending MFP to clients for some time as an option for motivation and resources. I began my MFP journey about 11 weeks ago and am down 18#. Hurray :smile:

Today - while speaking to a neighbor/friend whom I had not seen for some time complimented me on my hair cut (quite short) said I looked younger and complimented me on my weight loss:smile::smile: :smile:

Such a nice feeling! I hope you all can enjoy some NSV's soon too:heart:

Replies

• bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    oh - forgot to mention the rice krispy treat NSV
    while heating up some milk for a night cap, I was able to avoid eating the rice krispy treats that my husband made earlier that were on the counter - calling my name!!! I may make room in my calories tomorrow for a taste:smile:
  • bunnymum150
    Options
    can anyone share with me how they decide to read a post? it has been quite disappointing - the few times I have posted it seems as though I have to beg for a reply. very sad, not so good for the psyche.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • SarahLP88
    SarahLP88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To answer your third question - I read almost everything - whether it has an attention grabbing title, or I need motivation by seeing how well others have done which is how I got to your post... but I NEVER post - in fact this is my first one - but because you felt sad and needed some congratulations (which you deserve!!!) here it is - my first post!!

Well done on your NSVs! I love the compliments!! and rice krispy treats ON THE COUNTER...... I would have found it VERY difficult to walk away!! - Huge points for you!!!

Hope this makes you feel better :)
  • Adastreia
    Adastreia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing loss! Rice Krispy Treats sound sort of delicious... considering I have no idea what they are :D (I'm from Germany) I'll head right on over to Uncle Google and see what he has to say about those ;)
    Keep going strong and have a lovely day!

Edit: Great, so now I there's another yummy food on my "Have to try"-List that's not good for me at all :P
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Welcome and hurray for you, that's a significant weight loss. As for rice crispy treats, I've always hated them with a passion, so no temptation there for me. I would have serious trouble ignoring crystallized ginger ( my main treat fave).
  • bunnymum150
    Options
    so appreciate your kind words and support. Thanks so much for all of your responses and taking the time.
    Best to all of you on your journey to best health :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's great to have compliments on your weight loss! That helps to keep from wolfing down those rice krispy treats. Good job! I love them too.....
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Nice to get some recognition for all your efforts and it should give you the incentive to keep on keeping on, well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!