The plateau

Options
Need some advice/encouragement here. I've been at this hard for 2 months how. Initially I lost about 2lbs a week, but the last 3 weeks or so have stalled. I'm using a bodybugg (or Bodymedia's new re-branded version) and tracking every single calorie that goes in to my body. I'm still staying away from (for the most part) the bad foods, yet my measurments have stayed the same, and I'm not losing any weight. I'm working out 5-6 days a week and the workouts gradually get more intense every day. How do you break through this? Beginning to get discouraged.

Replies

• ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It's hard to give advice without a little more info. How tall are you and how much are you looking to lose? Also how many calories are you netting each day?

Other than that, congrats on the initial weight loss! Unfortunately weight loss is not linear, and sometimes it can be really frustrating. Don't give up!
  • fatguydiary
    fatguydiary Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am presently in reboot mode, retooling my body. When I hit my first major plateau a few years ago I new it would come but it was not easy. Focus on the progress you have made and please continue to push through. I promise it will be worth it. I lost almost 160 pounds so I know you can push through this. Here are 2 short posts I had when I hit my first plateau:

Can you say PLATEAU!?
    Posted Wed, 2009-05-06 10:55 by TheFatGuy
    Yes, I have hit my first major PLATEAU! I have been hovering around 307 for about 6 days. I am still down a couple of pounds since a week ago, so I celebrate that gain or loss depending on how you look at it. I have mentally prepared myself for the plateaus but that does not make it easy. Attitude and consistency are the most important ingredients to maintaining my weight loss success and continued journey to a healthier me.
    I continue to remind myself about how much better I feel now than before March 2nd. I will make sure I get in a good workout this afternoon!

Working to break the PLATEAU!
    Posted Fri, 2009-05-08 09:56 by TheFatGuy
    I have been in the 307-308 lbs range for the past week. In evaluating the past week and this plateau, I know I am doing OK physically. I am becoming stronger and I feel my pounds are shifting from fat to muscle. I will make sure I am focused on my water intake, carb count and eating intervals to assure I come through the other side of this plateau in good shape. Losing 43-44 pounds in 9 weeks has helped me to keep this plateau in perspective. I feel strong mentally, physically and spiritually. I maintain my focus on my main goal of losing 150 pounds. I will add my next picture when I break 300 pounds!
    GOOD LUCK!
    TheFatGuyTheFitGuyTheBEAST
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I usually hit 2-3 weeks plateaus once a month, lol. Then I lose 7lbs in 10 days or something. Just stick to it.