New here :0)

Options
Looking for support for those who weigh over 250 ..Starting new for this year...Last year I lost 50 pounds ..put back on 10 & want to lose 50 pounds again...I have set a goal date of Sept..When the kids go back to school..Starting this week with a trainer ..walking..eating better are my goals for the weight loss...I am an emotional eater... Hope to find those in my same weight size who know how it is to move in an over size body and what works best for you~~ with it all.:) thanks :)

Replies

• MairitaSarai
    Options
    Hi there, I am also looking to be in better shape by September, because that is when school starts and I know the challenge of being 250 since that is my current weight. So glad you are taking steps to reduce your weight, remember to do healthily, there is no mad rush (:
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    welcome... my only advice to you would be to set shorter term goals. September is a long time away success comes day by day. if you are working out with a trainer you will see they use measurements to measure success more than they use weight loss.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi, I am Yvette I know where you are at and could offer support and encouragement. I started my journey at 227lbs not weight 166.9 lbs. My goal is to be 150 lbs. I need to lose 16lbs. But I know like you said we can gain and lose which I have done that all my life. I know this is a lifestyle and I can't revert or stop what I am doing unless I want to become the old me again.

A friend request has been sent. Hope you accept.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me as a friend. I think you can never have enough friends/support when working toward our weight loss goals!

Dee :)
  • kandisnewplan
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone...:)
  • kandisnewplan
    Options
    Hi there, I am also looking to be in better shape by September, because that is when school starts and I know the challenge of being 250 since that is my current weight. So glad you are taking steps to reduce your weight, remember to do healthily, there is no mad rush (:
  • kandisnewplan
    Options
    Thanks so much...will do healthy...:)
  • kandisnewplan
    Options
    welcome... my only advice to you would be to set shorter term goals. September is a long time away success comes day by day. if you are working out with a trainer you will see they use measurements to measure success more than they use weight loss.
    ...Looking at 2 pounds a week..so maybe 8 pounds a month...short term goals...
  • kandisnewplan
    Options
    Hi, I am Yvette I know where you are at and could offer support and encouragement. I started my journey at 227lbs not weight 166.9 lbs. My goal is to be 150 lbs. I need to lose 16lbs. But I know like you said we can gain and lose which I have done that all my life. I know this is a lifestyle and I can't revert or stop what I am doing unless I want to become the old me again.

A friend request has been sent. Hope you accept.
    Thats awesome...
  • kandisnewplan
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me as a friend. I think you can never have enough friends/support when working toward our weight loss goals!

Dee :)
    Thanks alot :)