What size underwear to wear under there...

Options
Having lost a significant amount of weight for my size, I found myself in a peculiar dilemma.

I had no idea what size *panties* I should now be wearing.

I couldn't find a general rule such as, "Size X pants = size Y panties". I was at a loss.

After a LOT of research online, I found this website that helps men and women alike find out, via measurements and brand name (lots of common brands on there like Fruit of the Loom and Hanes) what size they should be purchasing. For your own help in this area, go here:

http://www.freshpair.com/sizing.html

I hope you find it as helpful as I have!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Run to your local walmart/target, etc and pick up a pack of Hanes or Fruit of the Loom. Typically they say on the back "if you have this size waist, you take this size undies" :)

P.S. That site was helpful. I had no idea I dropped several sizes. Good to know the next time I go buy tidy whities. Thanks!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    No Victoria Secret... I've just been buying large there and they still fit fine though. The mediums look too small for now... haha
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!! I was out for a jog and mine fell down! Not fun!!....lol
  • jenlawton
    jenlawton Posts: 18
    Options
    LOL @ Victoria Secret. I walked up to A VS associate one day while I was at the mall and asked her "do you have anything to cover all of this" (as I circled that area with my hands in the air) the little size 2, A cup girl just didn't know what to say. She said anything over a DD you have to order online, I said "well then I will order online" ( I am a 42DDD.) It was so funny to see her face! :laugh:
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How odd. In the UK it's just normal sizing like trousers.
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    LOL @ Victoria Secret. I walked up to A VS associate one day while I was at the mall and asked her "do you have anything to cover all of this" (as I circled that area with my hands in the air) the little size 2, A cup girl just didn't know what to say. She said anything over a DD you have to order online, I said "well then I will order online" ( I am a 42DDD.) It was so funny to see her face! :laugh:

That's freaking hilarious!!! :laugh:
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    One word "Commando" then you don't have to worry.
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    lol ewww Larry, that's just wrong! Maybe for men it's okay, but for women..... haha only on special occasions. lol
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    How odd. In the UK it's just normal sizing like trousers.

This is how it *should* be! I have no idea why they have it any different here in the US.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Ha, thankyou. :) I've picked up so many pairs and packs that ended up not fitting. After getting smaller I'm just not sure and was going to pick some up last week but didn't want to waste more money. XD