Eating a lot of junk food but not going over in calories?

Options
Today has been a bad day for me....my body is craving junk. Lots of junk. This morning I woke up and had a cupcake. ( it was only about 70 calories though because it only had a tablespoon of icing on it and the cake part was made with apple sauce and yogurt, making it about 27 calories)

Then I had a chocolate covered strawberry and a tiny piece of red velvet cake....
Then I ate a plain strawberry and a handful or two of grapes.

Then I made a pineapple smoothie with cottage cheese, milk, stevia, pineapple chunks and vanilla extract.

Then I popped some popcorn and topped it with hot sauce, grape tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese.

Now I just knocked out some Special K blonde bites and potatoe chips.

Did I mention I ate all of this in about a 4 hour span?

According to my diary, this has only been about 700 calories, 24g of fat, lots of sugar....106g of carbs, 900g of sodium and only about 18g of protien.

I mean, I feel like all of the food I'm eating should be adding up to higher amount of calories, but it's not which is weird. Also, why am I finding myself unable to stop this sweets attack! I'm thankful it's already 6pm or I might would hit 5k calories today!

Replies

• krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Firstly you need to tell me your daily calorie intake cause its different for everyone - your 700kcal 'binge' maybe an athletes treat snack as they eat about 5000 calories daily so it really depends but you should aim at hitting your protein macro with the remaining calories you have left... It's fine for junk food now and then!
  • AlexB422
    AlexB422 Posts: 111
    Options
    Firstly you need to tell me your daily calorie intake cause its different for everyone - your 700kcal 'binge' maybe an athletes treat snack as they eat about 5000 calories daily so it really depends but you should aim at hitting your protein macro with the remaining calories you have left... It's fine for junk food now and then!

My max calories is about 1800. Problem is, I have been eating bad almost all week because of birthdays, out if town, and prom!
  • henn1230
    henn1230 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is not terrible to have a junk food day every once and a while. But, once your body gets attached to junk food, it is hard to stop with one day.

Eat something with a lot of protein and you will probably end the craving for junk food.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    If it's a one off occasion like a holiday, birthday or other event, I wouldn't worry too much. The thing with calorie counting is logistically you can choose to eat whatever you want providing it comes within your calorie limit - ten packets of crisps, five bars of chocolate, etc.

However, junk food rarely fills you up. It also makes you want more, and then more, and then more. I know I'd rather spend 500calories on a decent, macro filled meal than on a chocolate bar, but I don't really crave junk anymore. You have a calorie intake a day, and it's up to you how you use it, but I suspect if you are eating a lot of junk rather than nutritious content, you may struggle weight loss wise.I know when I ate a lot of (low cal) ready meals that I lost hardly anything because they were packed full of sugar!

xxx
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options

My max calories is about 1800. Problem is, I have been eating bad almost all week because of birthdays, out if town, and prom!

Well since you have 1100 kcal aim to take dairy products and meat to fill the void.... Protein powder will do wonders if you have purchased some... Lots of egg, chicken, milk and cheese always meats the macros regarding protein! Good luck!