Any advice???

Options
I have been tracking calories and exercising 5-6 days per week...3 weeks straight. Staying more active than my body is used to. I can see inches dropping (like 2-3) but am having belly fat issue. How do I begin to get rid of belly fat?? I find that when I stretch on the floor after a good workout, my tummy gets in the way. It feels like I am not making much progress on the tummy.... I know I may sound hard on myself, but knowing what my body can do in a short period of time, I am getting frustrated!!! I feel like I am truly doing it right this time and it isn't doing what I feel it should for me... Any opinions??

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You really can't make fat from one area of your body burn before another area of your body.
    Sorry.
    It will come off with time.
    Steph
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Women typically will lose in that area LAST . . . so measure today and just keep doing what you are doing. I measure monthly and even if I don't "feel" like I've changed the measuring tape does indicate that this area is shrinking . . . slowly but surely!
  • jaybeedee
    jaybeedee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi JNsAngel33,

The abdomen and surrounding area is where the body keeps its main storage of unused caloric energy. Its also a storehouse for insulin resistance.

To make it short and simple, the way to get rid of tummy fat is to reduce the amount of starchy carbs in your diet. Breads, white potatos, white rice, etc must go.
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    What kind of foods you eat and what times you eat them make a difference. Like, don't eat after 7 pm and eating things like fish and veggies will help with belly fat. Also, getting some strength training into your activities will help also. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I didn't follow any of the above suggestion of cutting stuff out and my stomach did shrink a fair bit....along with the rest of my body when I lost weight.......basically the person who said time is right....it will eventually come off..that...and of course some good core exercises to strengthen the muscles underneath will help....good luck!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking calories and exercising 5-6 days per week...3 weeks straight. Staying more active than my body is used to. I can see inches dropping (like 2-3) but am having belly fat issue. How do I begin to get rid of belly fat?? I find that when I stretch on the floor after a good workout, my tummy gets in the way. It feels like I am not making much progress on the tummy.... I know I may sound hard on myself, but knowing what my body can do in a short period of time, I am getting frustrated!!! I feel like I am truly doing it right this time and it isn't doing what I feel it should for me... Any opinions??

Until that burns away, you need to keep yourself motivated regarding your stomach and one way you can do that is to measure it and record the results weekly.

Measure it in, say inches but also include 1/8ths of an inch, measure around the biggest part so that you are always measuring exactly the same area.

As it shrinks you will have the proof in your written down recordings. If you do not do this, you may get disheartened because as it shrinks you may not notice as you are looking at it everyday. If you see it in writing it will be confirmation to you and encouragement.
  • lee1528
    lee1528 Posts: 3
    Options
    Belly fat is one of my biggest problems too. Running is one of the best way that works off belly fat (for me anyway) but it takes such a long time. Don't get too discouraged! You're not alone! :)