New Here

Options
I am new to the boards. I used to be skinny then I got pregnant at 28 and gained about 75 pounds. I took about 25lbs off after that but never got the rest off. I have slowly gained the weight I lost back and now at 41 I am seriously overweight. I lost 20lbs before joining here and another 8 since being here. I really like being able to track my weight and calories and fitness all in one place. I'm always looking for good ideas for working out and recipe ideas. I hope to meet some new friends here too.

Replies

• m00nshin3r
    Options
    hows it going? i have been here for a while, and the motivation here is excellent.. feel free to add me! i try to keep up to date with everyone and motivate when needed..

anyone reading this can add me, as well
  • sjoaquin
    sjoaquin Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure it out too and i need to lose alot. I have noticed that since i track all my food im not overeating as much and it seems helpful and very positive feedback. Good luck and feel free to add me
  • fatpat58
    fatpat58 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 55 & have lost 10lbs since joining this site. It helps to track everything you eat! I am less likely to eat more when I know how many calories it will be & how much work out will be needed to negate it.
  • redruby9
    redruby9 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new and really looking forward to learning from you all. I have been unemployed for over a year now and when looking for a job didnt go so well, I started eating for something to do. Well, that did not go well. I was up to 279 til about 6 weeks ago when I REALLY looked at my self... what a sight.. so I started to look at what I was eating and changed it. So I have lost of few pounds on my own, but need more support. So I hope you all can help.
  • MsKari02
    MsKari02 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We are all here for a common cause. Whether it's to get your weight down or just to be a little healthier we are here together. Everybody here deserves an attaboy or attagirl for trying. Whether you are
    having great success or just a little success it's still success so we all just have to keep moving along each day. Slow and steady will win the race. I have been here for 5 weeks now and 8 lbs lighter. To me that is success. It's hard be we can do this.
  • callietiger
    callietiger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about 3 months and have seen the benefits of logging.... although I haven't been as faithful as I should be about logging everyday, I have seen positive results from being informed on portion control. I'm ready to buckle down and am looking for friends to help keep me more accountable. I'll send a friends request...
  • bri0628
    bri0628 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been here for 4 months now. Logging every day is now a habit and it has helped a great deal. It's amazing when I think about all of the crap I used to eat and thankfully don't miss anymore.

Feel free to add me. Good Luck!!
  • beth0912
    beth0912 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure it out too and i need to lose alot. I have noticed that since i track all my food im not overeating as much and it seems helpful and very positive feedback. Good luck and feel free to add me

Tracking what I eat makes a huge difference for me. I would'nt want anyone to see if I was eating bad stuff. :) It also motivates to see how many calories are in some of the crap I was eating.
  • beth0912
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new and really looking forward to learning from you all. I have been unemployed for over a year now and when looking for a job didnt go so well, I started eating for something to do. Well, that did not go well. I was up to 279 til about 6 weeks ago when I REALLY looked at my self... what a sight.. so I started to look at what I was eating and changed it. So I have lost of few pounds on my own, but need more support. So I hope you all can help.

My clothes being too tight and looking at myself in a couple of recent pictures were what did it for me. I have a 13 year old son and I want to be around to seem him graduate college so I needed to do something. My grandmother was always really overweight and had a hard time getting around and doing stuff. I want to be able to have fun with my son and my grandkids so I need to make these life changes now. Good luck with you weight loss and job hunt!
  • beth0912
    Options
    We are all here for a common cause. Whether it's to get your weight down or just to be a little healthier we are here together. Everybody here deserves an attaboy or attagirl for trying. Whether you are
    having great success or just a little success it's still success so we all just have to keep moving along each day. Slow and steady will win the race. I have been here for 5 weeks now and 8 lbs lighter. To me that is success. It's hard be we can do this.

Congrats on your loss. Its so gratifying to see those numbers go down on the scale isn't it. I love how my pants are starting to get loose too.
  • beth0912
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about 3 months and have seen the benefits of logging.... although I haven't been as faithful as I should be about logging everyday, I have seen positive results from being informed on portion control. I'm ready to buckle down and am looking for friends to help keep me more accountable. I'll send a friends request...

Thanks! I really need some friends that are trying to lose weight too. Congrats on your loss.
  • hethbabe
    hethbabe Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi all. Been using this site for a week and a half, and have lost 2.2 lbs so far. Just over 3 years ago started Weight Watchers, which worked well. I lost almost 60 lbs. I was able to keep it off until this past December when I suffered a knee injury. I gained 13 lbs being laid up, so I am here to lose that, plus the original 10 I didn't lose. It took a lot to get back on track. This site is great! Free, and easy! Please feel free to add me...doing this with someone else with the same goals makes it so much easier and motivating.
  • beth0912
    Options
    I've been here for 4 months now. Logging every day is now a habit and it has helped a great deal. It's amazing when I think about all of the crap I used to eat and thankfully don't miss anymore.

Feel free to add me. Good Luck!!

Wow 42lbs is awesome!!! Every pound lost is a victory in my book. I enjoy logging my food and fitness every day as it keeps me accountable and gives me satisfaction when I've done well.
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Beth i have lost 18 lbs since joining about a month ago.. i like knowing i am not alone in this lifestyle change... i am 53 and know all to well how that pregancy weight can stay with you among other issues feel free to add me i will motivate and keep you going the best i can and all i ask is you do the same we are all here for the same reason..I log everyday it keeps me on track and i am amazed at the changes i make because i dont like what i see. .. it is a great tool and you meet amazing people along the way.. good luck !
  • beth0912
    Options
    Beth i have lost 18 lbs since joining about a month ago.. i like knowing i am not alone in this lifestyle change... i am 53 and know all to well how that pregancy weight can stay with you among other issues feel free to add me i will motivate and keep you going the best i can and all i ask is you do the same we are all here for the same reason..I log everyday it keeps me on track and i am amazed at the changes i make because i dont like what i see. .. it is a great tool and you meet amazing people along the way.. good luck !

Teresa-Thanks so much for the welcome. I just added you. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and encouraging and being encourage.