Trader Joe's

Options

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have to watch sodium, so I have to skip a lot of their prepackaged food, even though it is delicious. I like to buy the frozen leeks and the frozen artichoke hearts to use in recipes. I also get dark chocolate covered cranberries almost every time I go. The baked lentil chips are good, especially with bean dip. They have an awesome shredded cheese blend of Swiss and Gruyere that is pretty expensive, but sooooo good for sauces. They used to have licorice Scotty dogs that were gluten free, but I haven't seen those in awhile. I really miss them.
  • dotamy
    dotamy Posts: 16
    Options
    We LOVE their sunbutter (sunflower seeds) and while I've gotten away from it the last two weeks (we had a food flash-back and bought Jif and are licking the container every chance we can) it's one of my favorite things!

Also, they have really great frozen fish - their wild salmon and tuna are suuuuuper yummy. Fresh tasting.

Their Lara bars are always cheaper than Target...:D
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I don't have any. I have bought their belgian chocolate 100's for my desk and those are great to stave off the snack machine. I am going to go and get some of those peach freezer pops though. thank you for that list.
  • alyhinds
    alyhinds Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, if you don't like ANYTHING (and for me that is only one thing that I haven't liked in the 14 blissful years since I found TJ's) you can bring it back for the full purchase price. No questions asked. It is wonderful, but I am so glad that I haven't had to do that a lot. I hope you enjoy!!
  • JamesChargerWolf
    JamesChargerWolf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The Chicken Cilantro mini wontons. Those in some chicken broth (flavor with scallions, soy sauce, a smidge of toasted sesame oil - also at TJ's) is a light, fast dinner. I love it with a salad.

And you can't find a better PB unless you grind the nuts yourself. :)
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    After seeing all of these yummy items, I think I might have to go to TJ's in the future. There's not one close but I do like their food and its alway really reasonable in price. Thanks for all the ideas!
  • sac4fd
    sac4fd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in love with their Maple "Just Clusters" granola. I eat it almost everyday.
  • sanibelshell
    sanibelshell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Their fresh mozzarella cheese sticks are a great snack, canned smoked trout, extra-virgin coconut oil, 72% cocoa chocolate bars- they satisfy that chocolate craving but are just bitter enough to not want very much, I usually eat 1/4 of a 1 serving bar- 70 calories. The reduced guilt pita and totilla chips, roasted red pepper and eggplant spread and their almond milk is the best.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I really like their 10 minute farro and bulgar. I haven't been able to find anything like that at a different store. The cheese selection is awesome and the only place where I can afford to buy gruyere and other fancy cheeses. Their lite cheese sticks taste way better than other brands too. I've loved everything I've gotten there so far and I wish it was closer to where I live because I'd shop there more regularly.
  • thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    there isn't a TJ within hours of me, but they're building on about 20 minutes from my house and I'm so excited to try all of their products and have a healthy store within the area! Will look into all these products when it opens.
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this post... Was about to submit one separately to see what everyone loves from TJ's!

- Coconut Chips... Someone recommended these and they are so good! Great snack or added to recipes or trail mix
    - Coconut Oil - One of the best prices around
    - GF pasta - great prices!
    - Quinoa - all kinds
    - Wontons - Veggie, chicken, pork...all good, but sometimes I easily get burnt out on them...
    - The Marsala Burgers - Yes - these are good as others stated
    - Chicken Chili Lime Burgers - At least I'm pretty sure that's what they're called. They come 4 to a box. TJ's as a recipe on their site where they cook and crumble them up for tacos.... soooo good!

Their Carmelized Onion dip is AMAZING, but not calorie friendly... I might check into mixing it with some LF greek yogurt or something....

I want to try the Reduced Guilt Guacamole, the Coconut Oil Spray, their Coconut Milk, choc covered dried cranberries, pumpkin butter (I hope they still have it in-store) and of course I need more chocolate! :happy:
  • mikeatmichael
    mikeatmichael Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    $3 buck chuck
    mochi
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The chili lime chicken burgers are a staple at my house! Soooo quick and easy.

The Taziki (sp?) sauce is wonderful. I have even put it on the chicken burger :)
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1 lb dark chocolate--eat it in 2 square portions
    frozen Naan
    lime floe popsicles (often out of stock so I am not the only one)
    plantain chips
    frozen persimmons
    uncured bacon
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Inner Peas - dried peas
    Plantain chips
    Any freeze dried fruit - ESPECIALLY the mangos :)
  • g33kg0ddess
    g33kg0ddess Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love, love, love Trader Joe's!!! :smile: :bigsmile: They have so much delicious and creative variety of foods that you will not find anywhere else.

Here are some of my faves:

Salsas, Dips, Spreads:
    Chili Corn Salsa - Serving Size: 2 tbsp, Calories: 45
    Double Roasted Salsa - Serving Size: 2 tbsp, Calories: 12
    Eggplant Hummus - Serving Size: 2 tbsp, Calories: 35
    Spinach and Soup Cream- Serving Size: 2 tbsp, Calories: 50

Bread, crackers, chips:
    Pita Bite Crackers w/ Sea Salt - Serving Size: 9 crackers, Calories: 120
    Middle Eastern Flat Bread (I toast this and pair it with the Spinach and Sour Cream and eat it like a taco. So delish!)- Serving Size: 1 bread, Calories: 150
    Stone Ground Corn Chips

Frozen Section:
    Multigrain Toasted Waffles
    Chicken Cilantro Wontons
    Lightly Breaded Fish Sticks
    Butter Chicken w/ Basmati Rice (Sooo good!)
    Fettucine Alfredo with Grilled Chicken
    Orange Chicken (Delicious!)
    Organic Brown Rice
    Rice Medley

Desserts:
    Chocolate Lava Cake
    Hold the Cone
    Mango Bars
    Coffee Bars
    Mochi

Meat and Seafood
    Feta Cheese Stuffed Salmon
    Santa Maria Tri Tip
    Bulgogi Short Ribs
    Chimichuri Sirloin Steak

I can go on and on but these are the ones I usually get and they are so freakin' good. Hope this helps :)
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Love love love TJ!
    - They have great organic apples - way cheaper than my local hannaford.
    - recommend Power of the Greens (bagged lettuce section with baby kale, baby romaine and chard).
    - Belala salad (chick peas, black beans, tomatoes - great to put a dollop of this on your salad)
    - great nuts (both raw and roasted) - love the wasabi almonds as a treat!
    - broths are great - they have organic low sodium broths (vegetable and chicken) - I tend to make soups with lots of veggies and the broth fills you up, has a great flavor and smell.
    :flowerforyou:
  • holdyourdevil
    holdyourdevil Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    there isn't a TJ within hours of me, but they're building on about 20 minutes from my house and I'm so excited to try all of their products and have a healthy store within the area! Will look into all these products when it opens.

Trader Joe's is awesome and it has a lot of unique products that are priced really well, and they do some great things regarding not allowing certain ingredients in their foods (like Red 40), but it is not a health foods store.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I haven't been there for a while so don't know if they still stock these but they had these really frozen skinny green beans that I used to put my homemade spaghetti sauce on when I made spaghetti for the fam. I called it my green spaghetti. Delicious. Also just great as a vegetable.

Another favorite of mine was their frozen PLAIN yogurt. Like frozen yogurt but no added flavor-- plain, tangy, yummy. I think it does have something in it that's sweet.

What about the chocolate meringues? YUM!!!!
  • natsthename
    natsthename Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That stuff is so good and I love it on a chicken snadwich with some avocado slices.