calorie burner watch

Options
Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone owns a watch or chest strap that tells you how many calories you burned throughout your workout and which one works best. I want to buy one but I'd rather hear from people who have experienced them rather then from a salesperson trying to get money out of me. Thanks so much!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The watches on their own can be inaccurate, because they generally calculate calories based on how often you check your heart rate. The one I have is pretty basic, but it was within my budget.

Pyle Sports Heart Rate Watch PHRM38

Features:
    - Time/Date
    - Present HR
    - Max HR
    - Avg HR
    - Target Zone Setting
    - 1/100 sec stopwatch
    - Calories Burnt
    - Daily Alarm
    - User Setting (age, weight, vo2 max)
    - Led backlight
    - Energy Saving Function
    - Display Off
    - Water Resistant 33 feet/10 meters/1 ATM
    - ability to change battery in chest strap and watch

The watch is a little big, but for $26 I can live with it. Polar brand heart rate monitors seem to be highly recommended by MFP users, but they are a little out of my budget.
  • secretsupermodel
    Options
    if you are going to get a heart rate monitor make sure it has a chest strap for the most accuracy. i have only owned one heart rate monitor but it is accurate and helps keep me honest about how hard i am working. i use the POLAR FT4 and i love it. it is basic, like it doesnt have a timer on it, and i cant see the time while i am recording my heart rate... but it was the most affordable watch with great reviews. it is still an investment but it is worth it for sure. hope this helps :D
  • austinmclark
    austinmclark Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and love it!
  • krisDanielle16
    krisDanielle16 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    if you are going to get a heart rate monitor make sure it has a chest strap for the most accuracy. i have only owned one heart rate monitor but it is accurate and helps keep me honest about how hard i am working. i use the POLAR FT4 and i love it. it is basic, like it doesnt have a timer on it, and i cant see the time while i am recording my heart rate... but it was the most affordable watch with great reviews. it is still an investment but it is worth it for sure. hope this helps :D

Thanks! I'll check the FT4 out then, seems to be the most popular!
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just bough a Polar FT7 I have had it for about a few days and I love it. It is very simple and it has everything you need. Amazon had the best deal I got the black and gold one for women. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message, I have had different ones in the past. I spent a little more just to make sure I got one that was worth wild. Plus I have read many reviews on the watches as well.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - works great. Polars are very popular too - I had my eye on both, but got a better deal on the New Balance.