Former MFPer back at it and need some motivating friends

Options
Hi all-

I've been gone from MFP for about six months. In the meantime, I was eating like crap the entire time, not working out at all, been overly stressed at work....and hit the big 4-0. My metabolism has completely bottomed out, I'm at my highest weight ever, which took a lot to accept, and my bad habits and age finally caught up with my blood pressure.

I am determined to be healthy. I love healthy foods and love exercise, I must make them habits.

Anyway, I'm happy to be back. Please feel free to add me as a friend and I'll help motivate you as well.

Hoping to find some of my old friends too who understandably cut me from their friend lists.

Tom

Replies

• csnyder0007
    csnyder0007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey man!

My best friend is now on MFP and he is loving it! It's amazing what a little positive reassurance can do!

Gotta get that BP down man. It's not just weight loss either, it's eating the right kinds of foods and avoiding the rest. I brought mine down drastically b just replacing this with that when I eat.

You might want to google "foods that reduce blood pressure" and look for anything from the Mayo clinic in the results. that info did wonders for me before I ever lost an ounce.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

I've been on here before as well, and after leaving went back to my old ways! My weight went up, and luckily my bp and everything is good for now, but I understand the motivation!

Make sure to stay away from a lot of sodium, that's the worst!!!

And I'm sure not an old friend from before, but you can definitely add me if you'd like!

-Christine