What is your highest Heart Rate while jogging?

Options
I have been doing the C25K program, typically on the treadmill. But today did it outside on the street. I weight about 195 (down 42 pounds) and the highest it was today was 183. I thought that was pretty high. Even someone asked me how I burn so many calories...but I really track my heart rate through the whole exercise and it gets pretty high.
Now, today was week 4 and the first day. So it was tough....but I got through it. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else's heart rate gets that high?

Replies

• denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I regularly get above 180 in spin class. Other people max out at like 160... But everyone is different. I go by how I feel.
  • KerryBCPA
    KerryBCPA Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it below 170!
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not so much while I'm running but if I have a hard workout it will get up between 173-176. I don't recall hitting the 180 range yet but like they mentioned, everyone is different.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I did my first 10k in february and my HRM said my average pulse was 191 for 1h13min lol... so absurd. I'm 5'1 117lbs.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at my max in awhile, I think it's around 175 now, but when I first started running again it easily could get up to 185ish. My HR seems to stay pretty high when I workout.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Mine has been has high as 185, according to my HRM. I'm 178 lbs. and i'm on Week 5 as of today.

When I'm hiking up hills, I try and slow my pace so I don't get higher than 175. I was either thinking my HRM isn't functioning properly, or I'm just that out of shape!
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
  • laurie41565
    laurie41565 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Age 48 and 158 lbs
  • nznatural
    nznatural Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I get up into the 190s for brief periods during my runs. I finished C25K last week, and throughout the program my peak has been around 185-192 for the whole nine weeks, averaging about 180.

My heart rate, according to the generic calculation, should be no higher than 184, but I'm not too panicked that I always exceed this.
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ok, thank you everyone! It looks like I am not the only person where it does go that high! I will keep going!
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I regularly get above 210. The highest I have ever seen in 218. The rule 220 minus your age is merely a suggestion. Your weight doesn't really have anything to do with it but as you get in better shape your heart rate will be lower when you do equal amounts of work. Your resting heartrate will also go down as your heart gets more efficient at pumping blood. When you calculate your calories based on your heart rate, I recommend using a formula that includes your VO2max.
  • parmoute
    parmoute Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've had mine register as high as 193 on my HRM while sprinting or climbing hills, but I usually work out in the 160s or 170s. I know if it stays in the 180s I start to feel kind of sick, so when it hits 180 I back off a little bit to make sure I can keep on going!
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    The highest it gets is usually 180, and I average anywhere from 160-176.
  • ksyp92
    ksyp92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    mine has gotten right under 200 before
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    mine usually sits at about 184 when I'm running.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My average heart rate when I'm running is from 180-185. Max is usually around 195.

I hate running with a passion. Only trying to do it so I don't feel so bad when my best friend runs with me at stuff like the color run.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Mine got to 195 today, average was 174.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually between 185-195 but last week i was seeing like 203-205. I had been sick, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not... Im 195 lbs (started at 223) and have been working out regularly with a trainer 3 days a week and on my own 2 days a week since the beginning of January. I thought it was odd that mine was going over 200 but when I said something to my trainer on friday he said he wouldnt worry about it unless it was a good bit higher than that and if it wasnt coming down as I recover.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I've gotten up to 208 a couple times
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 years old and routinely get over 190 when running (less than a 10 minute mile pace too)! I recover pretty quickly, however - within 90 seconds.