Hey there

Options
I am new to myfitnesspal.com. I am quickly approaching my 40th birthday. While I am not clinically overweight, I want to improve my overall fitness level and try to lose the jiggly bits that have started to appear over the last few years. Over the last 4-5 years, I have gained 10 pounds that I really don't need. I wasted my 20s in bad relationships, spent my 30s in a haze and I want my 40s to be lucid and healthy.

A few months ago I started to exercise and maintain a limited calorie intake with awesome results, but I couldn't stick to it. I found this board because I was looking for support with 30-Day Shred and just general fitness goal support.

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome support site and there are several on here doing 30 Day Shred. I am getting ready to hit the 40's in two years and my goal is not to be overweight when I ht 40 and to FINALLY learn to maintain.
  • Tami22
    Tami22 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi there!! I will also be 40 in September and this sight has been wonderful. There are a lot of supportive people and some great recipes!!! I, also, started the 30 day shred in June but hurt my shoulder so I have had to take a break. I loved it though and hope to get back to it soon (and I don't love exercise!!). GOOD LUCK to you!!!

Tami
  • jennk221
    jennk221 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there...this site has been great for the support I needed to keep going. I am clinically overweight and I have a had several medical and emotional issues that led me there. Now I am fighting my way back to being healthy and fit and the "friends" that I have gained are way better than the weight ;)
    Add me as a friend if you would like and we can support each other. Good Luck!
  • DianaMI
    DianaMI Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am past the first part of my 40's. This site is fun and helps. I also do the Jillian 30 shed everyday when I get home from work. She tough but I feel good when Im done. I can see changes in my body. Thank God for clothes.