NSV - scale result was Meh ..

Options
OzJester13
OzJester13 Posts: 19 Member
So I jump on the scale for my week 2 weigh in --- sigh I lost 100 grams

However - I did the obligatory body measurements and was totally happy.

Waist - Lost 9 cms
Chest - Lost 5 cms
Thighs - Lost 2 cms
Hips - Lost 5 cms

Bonus 1: I cycle to work and for the first time averaged over 30 kms per hour ( 8 km ride)
Bonus 2 : My favourite work shirt which is now no longer tight across my shoulder / stomach.

It's the little wins that keep us going :)

Replies

• Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Congrats! Losing inches is great!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Keep it up.
  • wencandoit2013
    Options
    WTG! You should be so proud! Keep up the great work!
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good job! It seriously is the non-scale achievements that drive home how much we've accomplished. Keep up the good work :)
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yes, keep going! Some weeks I see no change on the scale at all, but when I look at other stuff I quite often find something else that has changed. Just don't give up. Sounds like you built muscle if your cms went down.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, keep going! Some weeks I see no change on the scale at all, but when I look at other stuff I quite often find something else that has changed. Just don't give up. Sounds like you built muscle if your cms went down.

(While I agree with this comment overall, I just can't let the bolded part go without making a comment. While OP is absolutely making progress and should definitely keep on keeping on, he almost certainly did not build any appreciable amount of muscle in two weeks while eating at a deficit.)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled (and justly deserved) encouraging posts.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

(While I agree with this comment overall, I just can't let the bolded part go without making a comment. While OP is absolutely making progress and should definitely keep on keeping on, he almost certainly did not build any appreciable amount of muscle in two weeks while eating at a deficit.)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled (and justly deserved) encouraging posts.

^Agreed. I bet he strengthened his muscle and lost body fat and not muscle mass...but aside from it being 2 weeks, he's also eating at a calorie deficit. To build/gain muscle, you have to be at above maintenance calories (surplus)
  • OzJester13
    OzJester13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys (and gals) :)
  • cutie_patootie
    Options
    The scale can be a b!tch. Thank God for NSVs to keep us going. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!