who's got a bmr OVER 1500 calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me if you like..My BMR is 1608 according to scoobyworkshop calculator and my TDEE is close to 2200.

When I started I was eating 1400 but I was very weak and tired and didnt lose ..Now i eat around 1600 to 1800 cals per day and am losing..making sure to exercise..also my diary is open. I have lost 9 lbs in 50 days..i am happy with that..The weights are definatley speeding up my metabolism and they are no more than 20lbs..I worked my way up from 3 lbs..I am soo happy to be strong..because i can do so much more now!!!

I want friends that are eating :flowerforyou:
  • charmedp326
    Options
    Mine is 1900 - but before I lost any weight it was even higher than that! I was shocked when I saw the number too.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    People tend to greatly underestimate their energy needs - especially women - just like they underestimate caloric intake when reporting. Instead of randomly choosing some calorie goal during a diet, and changing diet and exercise habits, people should be more patient by first weighing and logging everything they eat for a month or two to see how much energy their bodies need just to maintain their weight. I see so many get their RMR tested and they are shocked to see how low it is but do not realize their chronic calorie restriction caused both RMR and TDEE to lower several 100 calories.

THIS
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    ps it will be OK!!!
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    ps it will be OK!!!

thank you :3
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    yep. mines 1690. it was 1800 ish when i started but i've lost 15kg (33lb)
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hello =) I eat between 1600 and 2100 or more a day. I am losing weight. It might be my body but for me its more about how much I work out and what I eat.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My BMR (at scoobys site) is 1492, to maintain the number is 2313 (Which I don't think I could evvvverrrrrrr eat in a day!) My TDEE number is 1850 as per that same scooby site. I have my goal set to 1600, because I am trying to work up to eating to a healthy goal (my original was 1200.). I did pretty well today though, but only because hubby bought ground beef (the fatty kind blech) for our burritos and we had company. Before I knew it, I ate three!!!! LOL (That is hugely big for me.)
    I'm having a lot of fun with this site, and I'm learning a lot from the people that I meet here. I know you will too.
    Add me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    My BMR is about 1700. My calorie goal is 1650.

My diary is open.

You're eating 50cal less than it would take you to survive in a coma?

Hmm...sounds...off.

My BMR is around 1600...my TDEE per my bodymedia fit, is averaged at 3000cal (3300-3500ish weekdays, 2200-2800ish weekends).

I eat around 2500-2800/day.

It's not off because the entire idea is to eat fewer calories than it takes to stay alive.

Anyway, at least look at my diary to see how many I'm eating. Calorie goal != calorie intake.

2200 =/= 1600?

My calorie goal is 1650. I eat back exercise calories as measured by my Fitbit. I'm decently active so I rarely eat 1650 but it does happen. TDEE-20%. BMR is irrelevant once you have TDEE.

Ahh...agreed. Your initial comment was a bit misleading is all. I use a Bodymedia Fit for my TDEE.

I do have to say though...the TDEE - 10-20% method (which is my basic goal) would never net me below my 1600cal bmr. Even on a completely lazy Sunday like today...my TDEE is still 2400cal. Minus 20% puts me around 1900.

-edit

I was looking at the wrong numbers...my BMR is 1780, not 1600. Still...I would literally have to lay in bed most or all of the day to get a TDEE-20% that would land me there :).
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I feel nothing but jealousy here.

A BMR over 1500???

I wish!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    :tongue: 1900-2400