Jawbone UP Band

Options
SO I just got the second generation Jawbone UP Band last Thursday and so far I LOVE IT! It has helped me SO MUCH basically with just showing me how not active I was before, and trying so hard to meet my goals now. Has anyone else here on MFP been using this?

The only part that I don't like is having to add food into my UP app, & into my MFP app- does anyone know if there is a way to sync the two? I mean its not god awful but just tedious to do.

Anyway it would be awesome to add people to my "team" on the UP band from MFP- if anyone uses the band let me know!

Replies

• kevinosity
    Options
    The Jawbone UP is awesome but I wish it would sync with MyFitnessPal. I've heard that they were working on integrating it but I guess not so far. Right now I'm not logging my food into the UP application; just using MFP for that. I had a FitBit before and liked how it would automatically add my exercise deficit. Maybe in the future. Add me to your team if you want: Kevin Mizell.
  • spencedurnwald
    Options
    Just started living UP, but am completely annoyed with using the food library on it, so I only add my food into MFP.

Looking for team members as well, if you want to add me! Spencer Durnwald
  • Juggernaut_D
    Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried that one, but my friends on MFP have been raving about Fitbit One, which does sync to here, so I just ordered it online (no stores in Canada have it, from what I could find).
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just got the up today! Website said go up next size if your close so I did and I wear something under to keep it from sliding, you guys have this issue? And will it effect accuracy if its to loose?
  • spencedurnwald
    Options
    kttyler - Welcome to UP! btw, saw you added me this morning. I guess it all depends on how close you were, I just talked my mother into getting the UP band, (mostly for sleep) and she was in between sizes according to the sizing chart, but once she tried her wrist in the plastic sleeve on the case of the band she said the small was still a closer fit than the medium. (keep in mind they will stretch over time according to the Jawbone website)..

Im not sure how much it will effect it if it is too loose, but I do know if it is too tight it will log car rides and movements of your hand/arm as steps if it doesnt have much moving room. I think youre probably best off having the larger size. As for wearing something under it to keep it from sliding im not sure on that either. I posted a couple questions on the UP forums, you may want to look around there for details on the problem youre having.

Good luck, and welcome to the team!
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yah I have a bracelet I'm wearing so it doesn't slide back and forth I think I'm ok with the size now. At first it felt huge. Thanks for adding me back! So excited to have this and hope it helps with my goals.
  • spelkey19
    spelkey19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm looking to have more people on my UP "team" and keep me accountable for tracking both on MFP and on UP. If anyone would like to add me, I'd love to have you! my email address is spelkey19@gmail(dot)com

• emilyrobe
    emilyrobe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started using the UP last week and have started back on my "diet" this week :) Would love more friends on here and team mates on the UP.

Em :)
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have an UP band, been using it for a little over a month now. I would like to add more team members, if you are interested message me and add me to your team. Thanks!

Colleen
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just started using Up yesterday. I purchased mine from Best Buy. I wish they had more colors in store but more importantly I hope it works for me. I need more friends on my team. Please message me here.
  • cindy31548
    Options
    Do any of you use Lose it. I heard that it interacts with UP. Was just curious. I just found about that today. Would be nice to have a program that does work with it. I really enjoy mine.
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Have been using my UP for a few months. It was a Christmas present from my kids :) I am using MFP again after a long (unsuccessful) break. I could definitely use some support and accountability. My oldest son graduates from High School in five weeks and I would REALLY like to lose about 8 pounds by then.
    Message me if you want to support each other and keep each other accountable!!
    ~Allie
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I have been using my UP band since January but just started using MFP about a month ago. I am having trouble with the calorie adjustment. I enter everything into MFP and rely on it to sync with UP but always end up with a negative calorie adjustment. For example I log cardio of 250 calories burned in MFP and then when I look on my main page I'll see the UP adjustment of -250 calories, even if my active burn on UP is 250 or close to it. Anyone experience these issues?
  • palomatorres12
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Can someone explain how the upband syncs with mfp? I dont understand why it says i have 0 calorie adjustment when on the up app it says i've burned so many calories?
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Jawbone UP does sync with MFP now. I use one and I really enjoy it.