BodyMedia Fit LINK

Options

Replies

• elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    one of the best things i've purchased thus far into my journey! i had a fitbit ultra, i still do, but i just dont use it as it doesnt give me the same results and satisfaction that the bodymedia fit LINK does. i typically hook mine up to my computer a couple of times a day just to get updated readings since my phone app kind of sucks, but still WAY better than fitbit.
  • overthehill1
    Options
    I have the FitBit one and think it's great! It syncs flawlessly with MFP and It helps me keep my movement bumped up during the day. I have used it for about 2 months now and couldn't be happier! It really keeps me motivated.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have a link and have never had any issues with it syncing. I sync it numerous times a day. I have it synced to MFP also and when I sync it automatically adjust my calories on MFP. That's why I sync so much. One of the best things I have ever bought.

THIS! I have the LINK and I absolutely LOVE it! I sync it several times a day. No one really notices that I have it on. I love that it syncs with my Android phone, tablet and MFP. I have only had it 2 weeks but I'm so glad that I DO have it.
  • t_elliot
    t_elliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have Bodymedia Link as well and am very impressed. I have an iphone 5 and have no trouble with it linking. So handy to be able to check your progress anytime during the day to see where your at for calories, steps and exercise. When I set up my profile and goals and follow the recommendations I have lost the exact weight it said I would. Good luck on you choice and your weight loss!
  • soonergirl03
    soonergirl03 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have the Body media and I love it! I hit a plateau and it wouldn't budge so I got the body media after wearing it for a couple of days I was able to determine I was burning alot more calories at the gym and through out the day then what I had thought and I needed to increase my calories. Most of my t-shirts cover it and you don't even see it and when you can see it I have only had 1 person ask me about it and they wanted to know where I bought it at. For the most part its pretty comfortable and I have had no problems with it. I sync a couple of times a day also just to make sure I'm going to hit my target goals for the day.
  • AllThatWeightlossJazz
    Options
    Thanks for the the honest replies everyone. I order the LINK yesterday. I spoke with someone and they are throwing in a large armband for me at no extra cost and they said that if I have any issues with it that I can either exchange it for the core, or return it all together.

Here goes nothing! I have 175 lbs to lose.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that the BodyMedia is actually an FDA approved medical device.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I recently got the Bodymedia Link on Thursday and I'm still getting used to it. :) I find the stats very motivating when I can see them "live" on my phone. I was having problems uploading the data from my phone to the site on Friday, getting an upload error. When I got home from work, I connected the device to my computer and there was a firmware update to install to the device. After that, I've been able to upload data that I've synced to my phone up to the website! Yay!!

We just got back from a walk and I was so bummed to find that I had accidentally flipped the Bodymedia over, so that the contacts were facing OUT. Ugh. (I know, how the heck did I do that?!) Rats, so now my steps are off on the count. Oh well, I did find how to update the "off body" stats to show that I went for a walk with the dogs, so at least I get the calorie burn to update.

I also have a FitBit Ultra and while it was motivating at first, I found that sometimes I would accidentally hit the button so that it would stop recording. That was SO frustrating to get home from work, take it out of my pocket, and see that it's been on hold for 9 hours or whatever. (If anyone's interested, this same plum FitBit is for sale -- with two chargers!)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've had a fitbit and a body media. I prefer the body media by a mile. The fitbit TDEEs were way off for me, although they were spot on for another friend of mine. I wasn't keen on the fitbit site, and the targets on the fitbit just made me do too much. Burnt myself out. I became totally obsessed with my steps. Lol.

I'm much more balanced with the body media and it shows me I'm burning a lot of calories, and I don't have to do crazy amounts of activity, just moderate.

The website is fantastic, you do pay a small monthly fee but it's worth it for me. The fitbit site was free but so many glitches!

Fitbit was good for me, it got me active after surgery again and helped me through a hard time by giving me a focus, but I'm much happier with the body media.

You could just get the display and not use the site if you wanted to, but I think it's worth paying for. You can get a watch strap for the display and use it as a watch. I really love it. I think it's an incredibly cool gadget!

Zara
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i own both, but i find the LINK reads my body calorie expenditure better...since its reading my skin. the fitbit is also good, and also counts flights of stairs. never had any problem syncing the LINK to my phones, both to iphones and my new BlackBerry 10 (sideloaded app).

id say go for it!!!!
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the the honest replies everyone. I order the LINK yesterday. I spoke with someone and they are throwing in a large armband for me at no extra cost and they said that if I have any issues with it that I can either exchange it for the core, or return it all together.

I think you will really like the LINK. I tried the Fitbit but it was very inaccurate for me: it credited steps when I was sitting the car, said I sleepwalked (when it stayed in the wrist band) said I climbed stairs when none existed. The LINK has been very accurate IMO. I do not notice the armband on--in fact have almost gotten in the shower with it. I almost always wear sleeves (don't like my flabby bat-wing arms so it doesn't show. However if you are fashion conscious you can get a colored armband for it and they make decals to put on the face.I have no problem getting it to link (blue tooth) to my tablet or phone. Sometime this fall/winter they are coming out with the CORE2 which will be a bluetooth armband (like the LINK) but it will be much smaller (size of a quarter or smaller) and come with "fashion accessories". It will also have an optional ($$) chest strap heart rate monitor to go with it. I plan to get it and give my LINK to my husband. Explore the Bodymedia website for lots of tips and information. If you have questions you can email me. Wish you well on your weight loss.
  • johnguitarman
    johnguitarman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Link also and will have it tuesday. I hope it will help me to break my 2 week weight loss stall. I'm pretty bummed not losing anything after losing consistently for 6 weeks.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Love my LINK...and who cares what someone else thinks is on my arm...thats just me...I wear it everyday, everywhere...never have a problem syncing and I too sync several times a day just out of curiosity. I had a BodyBugg before I got the Link so i was used to wearing it on my arm...but the BB didnt sync with MFP which is an excellent feature...There is a Bodymdeia Fit Link group on here also...
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options
    two words: Get It!!! )))
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    Is bodymedia the same as the bodybugg? I have a fitbit one now but I don't think it is accurate for calories burned during exercise because the exercise needs to involve a lot of steps for it to calculate the calories burned. If bodymedia calculates everything you do then I may want to purchase it... but I had a bodybugg before and I didn't like the armband very much after awhile my arm became irritated and developed a rash.... not sure if bodymedia has to be worn on the left arm all the time the way bodybugg was supposed to be
  • bhmathews
    bhmathews Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the Link and love it. I have not had any issues with syncing to my iPhone, but have her complaints from others on here that they have. I like to keep track of my steps and burn throughout the day .

I'm a teacher, so between the kids and staff I get lots of questions. I just tell everyone it's a fancy pedometer that helps me keep track of how active I am.

Good luck with your choice!!! It has really helped me understand I wasn't eating enough on 1200/day.
  • bhmathews
    bhmathews Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Awesome!!! Good luck!!!!
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    There is a Bodymdeia Fit Link group on here also...

^^^^^ There is? I went to Groups and even did a search and don't find it. There is a Fitbit group
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have the Link and I love it!!! I can't say enough about it. I have no problems syncing with my phone. I had to call tech support at first to update my firmware but nothing since. And the customer service is great!!!!! They will help you with anything no matter how small a question. I love knowing how hard I worked during the day and I check to see how close I am to my burn after lunch to know if I have to kick up my steps or calories burned!! LOVE IT!!!
  • Treggie227
    Options
    I have bodymedia link and love it. I did have a lot of problems with syncing at first, but bodymedia updated their app a month or so ago and I haven't had any problems since then. Highly recommend!