Snacking and Support

Options
Today has been odd. For the last ten days I haven't really been snacky, sure I have been hungry because I normally eat just to eat, but not snacky really. Today though, I would just love to open the Cool Ranch Doritos we have and just eat the whole bag. Just saying it makes me want them more. I told my hubby and he asked how much water have I drunk today. I looked at him and felt so stupid. In an average day by 1pm I have about 40 ounces of water. Today by one though I would say it is closer to 20. He said maybe that is the difference. I think he is right. I feel so lucky to have him on my side in my adventure of loosing weight.

When others feel this way what do you do to not just open the bag and chow down? I am just wondering in case my hubby isn't home to talk to and get support.

Thanks everyone and I hope you are having a great day!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like to drink a glass of water and find something productive to do. A lot of times I feel like eating crappy food just because I'm bored. I also try to think about how I will feel later. And of course, I try to determine if what I am feeling is actually hunger; in that case I substitute with an appropriate food.
    I like to eat carrots especially when I'm feeling snacky. The crunch is satisfying, it takes me a while to eat them, they are slightly sweet and nutritious.
  • heidihunt357
    heidihunt357 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for the thoughts. I have only been doing this a little while and honestly I love to eat. For some reason, the last ten days have been where I havent been eating anywhere near as much. It was just so odd to have the feeling today. I will keep teh carrots in mind. I use to love them.
  • rizzy898
    rizzy898 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I want to snack, I tend to make a nice little dessert or something sweet with fruit. I've recently started grilling bananas which I love. It's nice and sweet as well as healthy and u can have it hot or cold. Sweetener or honey could be added to make it sweeter. You can do the same with other fruits like apples or peaches (or maybe something else if u like to experiment)
    I also like the odd bag of special ks mini breaks. They're less than 100 calorie per bag and they go down nicely alone or with a drink or a cuppa. Chopped fruit is lovely too. Fat free yoghurt can be added which is delicious.
    I eat less but often so I tend to eat every 2-3 hours or so, so I'm eating small meals sometimes which feels like I'm snacking. I really ought to try to drink more water however.
    Good luck with ur healthy eating! x
  • heidihunt357
    heidihunt357 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for the great idea of grilling fruit. I love grilled pineapple had never really thought about other fruits. I will have to checkit out. Thanks for the great idea!!!