Spanx

Options
2»

Replies

• marialydia
    marialydia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Spanx have their uses and are nowhere near as uncomfortable as an old-time girdle. There are a few other brands (Carol Weir for example) that do not squish your bust anywhere near as much, and I wear those too. The key is to get a size that holds you in properly but is comfortable.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I will say if when worn under clothes, it can make improvements, even on the best of bodies.

That said, before I lost the weight I tried it in the past and didn't find it comfortable. I have decent control top panty hose that basically do the same thing, and are much cheaper.

Doing REAL improvements to my body helped me the best - that's the truth so I'm sharing it.
  • DistractedGrace
    Options
    Holy Ignorant... clearly you are crabby and need to eat!

LMFAO!
  • DaDiva1908
    DaDiva1908 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes Lord and they are a God send! I live Sara Blakeley for inventing them. I'm not looking to achieve fitness model physique so I will always have a need for them, no matter how thin and toned I become.

I haven't seen the person who with proper foundational garments didn't look better, no matter how much in shape or muscular one is. You'd be surprised!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I have a pair, but honestly, every time I have ever worn them I was uncomfortable the entire time. I can't stand the restriction and I felt like a sausage. I see their purpose, but I think people should just be happy with how they look naturally, rarely is someone perfectly smooth.
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    During weight loss and even after it as well, there maybe some people who need or would prefer using such things as spanks ha. Also weight loss and toning does not happen over night.

To the OP, I use control pantyhose or whatever when I am going to wear a form fitting dress or something so everything is smooth! Maybe try them, my mom used to wear them and she seemed to like them a lot!! =]
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options

I lift. My body has built it's own invisible spanx. Either start lifting or buy spanx. Just remember, at some point spanx have to be taken off.

I offered an alternative (and arguably better) solution. Plus, you didn't even start this thread so don't complain about answers you don't like. This is a website for weight loss/fitness. If anything, this thread is irrelevant and should be placed under "chit-chat, fun and games" because it has nothing to do with weight loss. If you lost weight and started lifting you wouldn't need spanx.

Oh, the arrogance of the young!
    I've lost weight. I also lift and have since I started the weight loss. I still look like a melted candle. I'm sure things will continue to improve, but while I'm working on it, I need a great fitting bra and I like compression garments. My favorite is a Spanx knock-off full slip that scoops under my bra in the front.
  • kel2211
    kel2211 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not big and never have been, but after 4 children my skin is not the same which no amount of "heavy lifting" will ever change. I have a pair from the Dr Rey Shapewear range which is like a short suit that goes from under bra to my mid thighs and I love them. They hold everything the way the skin of youth does and I can bend over without worrying about my funny tummy reacting to gravity :)