One cheat day a week .

Options
I have been on eat right plans before, where i have allowed myself one cheat day a week and it was successful.. Has anyone else tried this?

Replies

• sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yup! It really helped me in the beginning!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as I stay in goals. Makes it a lot more liveable.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I usually don't cheat all day long but I have one cheat meal :)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I don't like the word cheat - implies that this is an old-fashioned diet and not my new lifestyle. Every now and again eat more than I should but I try to keep it near my maintenance calorie number so although I mayn't be losing weight, at least I'm not gaining. Having maintenance days once a week or more is fine.
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as I stay in goals. Makes it a lot more liveable.
    I eat what ever I want and count my calories as I go so I can stay within my daily goal. I am getting used to the portions sizes now and do not restrict any foods I would normally eat. It does keep it real and simple.
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    I am the same, I eat what I want, without going over calories, and If i do go over calories, I do some exercise to get back under, every little bit counts!
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    cheat days are rare for me.....
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It depends what kind of personality you have. Some people do really well when they know they can just wait till Saturday and eat all of their favorite foods. I'm an all or nothing person - if I can't eat a little bit everyday, then I would rather not eat it at all. Cheat days really threw me off track because I don't have the willpower to get back on the horse after a day of pigging out. Same goes for exercise, I need consistency, rest days wreck me. But again, it's personality. I think the concept is great if it works for you!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I prefer cheat days for special occasions / less than weekly. You shouldn't automatically assume you earned a cheat day each week. I rather up my daily calories by a small margin and not feel any urge to use weekly cheat meal/days.
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It depends what kind of personality you have. Some people do really well when they know they can just wait till Saturday and eat all of their favorite foods. I'm an all or nothing person - if I can't eat a little bit everyday, then I would rather not eat it at all. Cheat days really threw me off track because I don't have the willpower to get back on the horse after a day of pigging out. Same goes for exercise, I need consistency, rest days wreck me. But again, it's personality. I think the concept is great if it works for you!

And I need my cheat day. It's the one day I allow myself to have my favorite cereal. I usually don't throw the whole day off, but I eat my Cinnamon Toast Crunch and whatever else I have been craving during the week. It works for me.
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options

And I need my cheat day. It's the one day I allow myself to have my favorite cereal. I usually don't throw the whole day off, but I eat my Cinnamon Toast Crunch and whatever else I have been craving during the week. It works for me.

Cinnamon toast crunch sounds delicious... cravings are now kicking in.. haha
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't really do "cheat days"...I understand that to mean not following calorie-restrictions. I try and eat well for the most part, but if I want a treat (sweet like cake or otherwise like parmesan onion rings (today's "cheat")), I'll make room for it in my calorie allotment for the day, or eat it and workout however long it takes to burn it off.