neeeewww :)

Options
hi guys, i am katie, 20 years old and i moved to the states just about 4 months ago...
and since the time i moved, i gained 20 lbs... which i don't like at all.
i didn't really noticed it until i decided to weigh myself randomly... and seriously, i was shocked. after whining for a few hours i decided to start going on a diet - or more like changing the way i eat - to get back in shape.

i am currently 155.2 lbs, my usual weight was 132 - 133 lbs.
first, i wanna get back to that and then maybe even lose a little more.

that's it about me for now aaaand.... hi to all of you! :)

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Hey, hon! Nice to meet you. :happy: Glad you're here!
  • melodieRN
    melodieRN Posts: 49
    Options
    nice to meet ya! This is a great site so glad you found us.
  • criches6
    criches6 Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome to the states and welcome to MFP. This is a great tool to help you change your lifestyle. So where were you before you came to the states? Nice ink!
  • TubOlard
    TubOlard Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the states...where good food works against you!
  • ggkatie
    ggkatie Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks guys :) i was born in russia, but lived in germany since 1994. this january i met my (now)husband and moved here... and i reeeeaaallly like it! except for the addiction to arizona iced tea that i developed within the past 4 months... it's cheap and you can buy it everywhere. i think that's one main reason why i gained all that weight, i started drinking it like water (mango & cranberry are SO awesome, hahaha).
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    hi guys, i am katie, 20 years old and i moved to the states just about 4 months ago...
    and since the time i moved, i gained 20 lbs... which i don't like at all.
    i didn't really noticed it until i decided to weigh myself randomly... and seriously, i was shocked. after whining for a few hours i decided to start going on a diet - or more like changing the way i eat - to get back in shape.

i am currently 155.2 lbs, my usual weight was 132 - 133 lbs.
    first, i wanna get back to that and then maybe even lose a little more.

that's it about me for now aaaand.... hi to all of you! :)

Welcome to MFP Katie! Good place to be, lots of support and friends to be made here.

I am sure you will shift your excess weight in no time. It is a shock when you don't realise the weight creeping on and you eventually jump on the scales. I had that too, well I used to jump on the scales regular, however, my scales were old and they were showing me at 154lbs, which I used to think "ah not too bad" but then I jumped on accurate scales later on and found I was actually 179lbs! I hasten to add, I did NOT think "ah not too bad" at that point! :laugh: and my old scales promptly went into the bin and new ones bought.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    thanks guys :) i was born in russia, but lived in germany since 1994. this january i met my (now)husband and moved here... and i reeeeaaallly like it! except for the addiction to arizona iced tea that i developed within the past 4 months... it's cheap and you can buy it everywhere. i think that's one main reason why i gained all that weight, i started drinking it like water (mango & cranberry are SO awesome, hahaha).

I can totally relate to the Arizona Iced Tea addiction, lol. And welcome! :)