Phentermine Diet Pills

Options
Girl at my work is taking it, lost 10 pounds less than a week!

It can't be safe!

I am trying to find something online about how bad it is, but I am not finding much!

Please tell me what you know about this!

Replies

• pezperry5
    pezperry5 Posts: 21
    Options
    I found this in relation to it:

http://www.firstrxmeds.com/b_phentermine.html?aid=ilh&tid=mmc-207

It lists all the side effects and says you are only supposed to take them for about 8 weeks! I bought some fat reducing pills from holland and barratt that has a 14 day plan with them and found that because many of these drugs are caffiene based that I could not sleep hence I lost weight! Still losing weight but now I sleep and dont take them! Hope this helps! x
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It's an appetite supressent, so of course it can't be good..especially if she lost 10 pounds in one week! I used to work at a pharmacy and doctors will prescribe this for patients. Most of the time insurance wouldn't cover it, so go figure! It obviously is not a medication that is "needed"
  • bettpboopfit
    bettpboopfit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! How are you? Maybe I can help you.. I'm a beachbody coach, and love to help pepole get fit and healthy. Let me know if I can help with anything.. What are your goals?

Thx:wink:
  • spike1380
    spike1380 Posts: 82
    Options
    As far as I'm aware, phentermine is still prescription only. It has been used for over 50 years for weight loss but it's supposed to be for obese people, not just everyone. If she's under a doctor's care and is taking it as a prescription she should be ok. Of course, Phen Fen was prescription only too and that didn't go so well. :)
  • dougsheldon
    Options
    Phentermine shows up as amphetamines on drug tests so I definitely wouldn't risk using it EVER. Also one of the less common side effects is "hostility with urge to attack". Why would anybody put this in your body?! Haha
  • 410swizzlestick
    Options
    I was administered it by a doctor a while back. It's really bad, though the quick loss of weight makes it very tempting to take. Initially it's water weight that's lost so in essence regardless of how much you drink, it's passing threw you so quick you're dehydrating your body. Side effects include increased energy which causes shakiness, lack of sleep, moodiness, headaches, increased blood pressure. You also begin to starve your body because it's primary purpose is to shut-off the message to the brain that you are hungry. Once you are off it, it makes your current weight very hard to maintain (because you weren't eating in the first place) and you will gain more than what you initially lost back over time (which is what I'm struggling with - not to mention my body constantly now tells me I'm hungry ALL the time). If all of this isn't enough to sway you away from taking it, then note, it is addictive & can cause prolonged issue's with depression and mood swings. Even under strict doctors supervision like I was, all of the above is pretty much unavoidable.
  • ena30
    ena30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I took Phentermine several years ago, and if it's used properly it can help a lot with appetite control. If someone lost 10 lbs in one week it sounds like they were taking too high of a dosage. I started by taking 1/2 a pill per day and stayed with that for a few months then went up to 1/2 a pill twice a day. It affects different people in different ways. It can affect your mood, cause intestinal discomfort, and cause heart palpitations. I didn't have any problems with it, but my friend had a lot of stomach issues when she took it.
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on taking it, just needed some back up as to why, lol!

I have my own stuff that has helped not only me but some of my family, and I am happy with it!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Phentermine shows up as amphetamines on drug tests so I definitely wouldn't risk using it EVER. Also one of the less common side effects is "hostility with urge to attack". Why would anybody put this in your body?! Haha

and so few people really need a pill to have "hostility with urge to attack." that grows naturally!
  • mooz
    mooz Posts: 101
    Options
    ....one of the less common side effects is "hostility with urge to attack".

OMG!! That is SO true! I took it years ago - maybe 20 years now and all I could think about was killing people. I had no appetite for food but I had an appetite for violence. Never again.
  • monalisa401
    monalisa401 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I currently take them they r an appetite supressant. They r not magic. U have to eat some doctors say at least 1200 cals. My doctor said not to diet but to change my way of eating in a way that I will eat when I'm no longer taking them or else I will gain the weight back. U also need to exercise and drink water. I know several people that r doing this with no side effects. It's just like any other medication they all have side effects and some people get them and others don't. I'm using this site to keep track of my food and exercise. I've been eating between 1200 and 1400 cals and I've lost 9 pounds in 20 days.