HELP: Ladies who own Polar FT7 HRM Watch and Chest Strap

Options
I am getting ready to purchase (hopefully TODAY) a Polar FT7 HRM Watch and Chest Strap. They are on sale. However, the color I want (black) only comes in Men's Black at this ridiculously low price.

Right now, I can use a Men's watch because I usually wear an 8" bracelet, and I am 218 lbs. My only worry about buying the men's version (again, because I prefer black to the women's colors available) is that when i get down below 176-200 lbs, I may not be able to wear the chest strap anymore because it will be too loose at the smallest setting?

How many women out there have experience with the MEN'S Polar FT7 HRM monitor and chest strap?

Thanks fo replying!

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the strap is universal sizing... It should come with a medium/large strap.

Plus, it adjusts..so you can adjust it as small as you want.

If you do find out that it is too big, you can always by a smaller strap on Amazon.. they are like 15 dollars.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    You can buy a replacement strap in the future. The medium to Xxl you are sent with the watch is adjustable. Have fun with your new gadget I love mine. I have the polar FT40 in white.

:flowerforyou:
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, bought the female watch. The strap is only adjustable to a point (where it reaches the rubber reader section) and I currently have mine at the tightest. It won't go smaller.
    I measure about 30 inches underbust and have wondered what slimmer/more petite women do about this as I'm within a healthy weight range but I am 5'5'' medium build.
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 mens HRM their is an option when settingyour user profile to change it to female. The chest strap is adjustable.
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have the red polar ft7 I love it. My only problem with it is the strap is actually too loose. Its adjusted the whole way and wont stay up during runs so I have to wear a second sports bra over it to keep it on. I think the mens chest strap maybe bigger.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, with the chest strap, as far as I can tell the strap is universal and adjustable.
  • carolmcgov
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, with the chest strap, as far as I can tell the strap is universal and adjustable.

It's only adjustable to a certain extent. Mine won't even stay up on me when I jog and the mens is probably even bigger.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i have the FT7 mens in black. you'll be fine. i have tiny 6" wrists and i can adjust the wrist strap tightly. there's even more room/holes in the wrist strap to go tighter if i need it. the chest strap is also adjustable. i have a 30" chest circumference and i have no problems with it slipping. i can even go tighter on the chest strap but i find that if i make it too tight, it gives me the feeling of not being able to breathe...but i think this is just my imagination.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I ordered the FT7 Men's Black watch....can't wait for it to get here... Less than $65 --- what a deal!

Can't wait! Never thought I'd EVER be excited about something related to EXERCISE! :noway:

Dee :laugh:
  • dotknott
    dotknott Posts: 88 Member
    Options

It's only adjustable to a certain extent. Mine won't even stay up on me when I jog and the mens is probably even bigger.

The standard strap that the men's/women's watches ship with are universal sizes M-XXL. There is a small strap available if the standard one is too big, but there's no difference in strap sizing from men to women's sizing.

OP - I hope you enjoy your FT7!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The only difference between the men's and women's version is the size of the strap. The men's strap starts at Size M and goes up to XXL I believe. When adjusted to its smallest size it is just slightly larger around than my thigh. So unless my thigh is bigger around than your chest you're good.
  • carolmcgov
    Options

The standard strap that the men's/women's watches ship with are universal sizes M-XXL. There is a small strap available if the standard one is too big, but there's no difference in strap sizing from men to women's sizing.

OP - I hope you enjoy your FT7!

The watch is fine, there is holes the whole way around. Its the chest strap that is really loose.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You can buy a replacement strap for about $20.
  • carolmcgov
    Options
    Will look in to it, thanks