new to myfitnesspal

Options
Hello, I'm new to myfitnesspal. I've lost 40 lbs already and would like to lose another 40 by Jan. 2011. I hear that myfitnesspal is great and since the one I was using was just a trial, I needed something else that is good and free! I look forward to being motivated and motivating others!:smile:

Denise

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    You've come to the right place! This site is awesome! Way to go losing 40 lbs! That's awesome :) Hope you have great success with your goals :flowerforyou:
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    Welcome !! :happy: This is a great place to give and get motivation.
    Congrats for the weight you have already lost, and Good Luck to continue "losing" :flowerforyou:
  • GuamMom
    GuamMom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome this is the place to be!!!!
  • DORYBLUE
    DORYBLUE Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Denise! :flowerforyou:

My name is Doryblue. I just got back on the bandwagon. I had lost 27 pounds. I slipped for a few weeks (9) and stopped losing and actually got 3 back. I am looking forward to losing again. My goal isn't 40 by January but I could stand to lose that much. I can't imagine being under 150! what would that be like? I can't wait to see. I hope we can motivate each other.
    Do you have a plan for eating? what do you do for exercise? work?

I am just trying to stay under 1200 calories. I try to eat foods that consist of mostly of 1 ingredient at the store mixed with others, mainly yogurt, oat cereals, vegies and fruit. I do eat meat but mostly tuna chicken and venison jerky ( I made)
    I have a treadclimber I ride sometimes. but for summer I swim in my pool and do lots of yard work.
    I have a desk job full time, sitting 8 hours a day.
    I'll be your friend for encouragement if you want.
  • moomoo218
    moomoo218 Posts: 1
    Options
    hello. I am also new. I have never joined anything like this before. I have gained 20 lbs or so in the last 5 yrs and really need help taking it off. I have been working out 2-4 times a week since january until 3 weeks ago. I only lost 3 lbs and then I went on vacation and gained it back. I eat good all day until I am so exhausted and hungry after work that when iI eat dinner I eat way more than i should. I usually end up eating bad on the weeknds. I am 35 and I am having a hard time losing the weight. I lost 10 lbs once in 3 months (when i was 29/30), but it's much harder this time. I guess deep down i know i have to be stronger and more commited, I joined this for motivation. so... here it goes.
  • VolleyGirl839
    Options
    Wow 40 pounds!? How much more do you want to loose?! haha bust seriously this is a great place to track food and exersize and to be motivated by others going down the same road as you are. :happy: