Ugh! SERIOUSLY

Options
So lately I've been pretty annoyed with this weight loss thing! I have been gaining for the past couple of weeks (around 3 weeks). I have been doing really good, except the fourth of July I went a little overboard on a very awesome new drink that I created. I actually gained three pounds after that weekend. Now I'm trying to lose that and it won't go away! I'm just trying to get back to what I was BEFORE the 4th!!!!

I've been doing double work outs every day for the past two weeks. I do 30DS in the morning then the I do the treadmill and weigh lifting at night! I do this 5 days a week and I stay under my calories every day!!

Why? Why aren't those pounds going away? Is all I keep thinking... So I went in and adjusted my goals to "maintain" my current weight. It stated that I would have to eat 1690 calories a day to maintain my current weight. I HAVE BEEN EATING UNDER THAT EVERY DAY!!! My goal is 1200, with exercise I burn about 400 calories a day. And I only eat about 1/2 of them back. So, I'm am UNDER everyday!! So.... the question is why? Why can't I lose the weight???

Replies

• maryroseclare
    Options
    I don't think you are consuming enough calories. Try eating your exercise calories.
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    With all the extra work outs....I'm thinking you're not eating enough. Just my thought...
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Are you losing inches at least? I did noticed that with the 30 day shred I didn't lose any weight, I lost a couple inches. Maybe look at that?
  • missjo113
    missjo113 Posts: 52
    Options
    Ok this may sound weird but I was reading a post earlier today where they were saying that you may actually be working out too much. Five 30-minute cardio workouts per week is a healthy amount to keep the heart rate up and trim down the body. Maybe try cutting back on your workouts... change it up by doing the treadmill one day, weights another day...
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Yeah eat a little more, i was like you and couldnt lose anymore weight, so i bumped my calories up to bout 1400 and i eat most of my exercise calories back and im losing again!!! I know that seems like your working against yourself by doing that, but your body thinks you are in starvation mode and is holding on to everything you consume!!! Try this for a few weeks and i bet you will start losing again!!!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking water everyday? I didn't see any in your diary. I notice when I don't drink my 8 cups of water a day, I tend to stay the same weight or go up some.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking water everyday? I didn't see any in your diary. I notice when I don't drink my 8 cups of water a day, I tend to stay the same weight or go up some.
    I ate out Italian two weekends ago and it took me 4 days of drinking 16-20 glasses of water to get rid of the water retention from all the sodium.
    Try upping your water intake and see if that makes a difference.