Not Losing :-(

Options
I'm following the 1200 calories a day plan, my bmr is 1448, i have a desk job but I do at least 2 miles of walking a day, and go to the gym 2-3 times a week.
My weightloss has slowed down dramatically and now if im lucky i lose a pound a week but i weighed myself today and ive lost nothing, i dont understand as sometimes at the weekend i go over but i know my losses shouldnt be as bad as they are?
I drink alot of water and have long days! (4 hours a day commuting, up at half 6, home at 7.30)
I dont know whether my late eating has anything to do with it because of my long days and travelling im not able to eat dinner until around half 8 but i dont sleep until half 11ish.
Has anyone got any suggestions?Please help !

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    There's no reason you should be eating below your BMR. Your BMR is what your body needs to survive, so eat more.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm following the 1200 calories a day plan, my bmr is 1448, i have a desk job but I do at least 2 miles of walking a day, and go to the gym 2-3 times a week.

^^^^^^^^^^^ You're not losing because this is ALL WRONG! Re-do your numbers, start using FOOD as FUEL and then in 6 weeks post to the tell peeps in the forum that you've lost inches and a couple lbs!
  • HudaSaman
    HudaSaman Posts: 46
    Options
    how long have you been changing your diet? maybe it's still early to notice a change.
    Also it depends on your height and weight? maybe you don't have anything to lose ? :)
  • Stacey_Leeann
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^ You're not losing because this is ALL WRONG! Re-do your numbers, start using FOOD as FUEL and then in 6 weeks post to the tell peeps in the forum that you've lost inches and a couple lbs!

This!
  • kellybutterfly
    kellybutterfly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been using mfp for around 4-5 months at first i was losing 2-3 pounds a week, then i found out i had a wheat and dairy intolerance cut those out of my diet i lost 4 pounds in the first week of doing this ever since then ive either lost a pound a week or lost nothing.
    I kind of get what people are saying that im eating too little but on the weekends i increase my intake around 1500-2000 calories depending if i drink so if i ate 1500 calories every day im sure id put it all on again
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Sounds crazy but you need to eat more. Your body is trying to hang on to everything you give it as its not sure more food is coming. Up your calories and eat real food. Not all that diet rubbish. Your body will need time to adjust to the change so you may not see a loss immediately
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Something that may help you is BodyMedia. It tracks how many calories you burn the entire day and night. You can see how many steps you walk, how many hours you sleep, your food calories, etc. This is a demo of everything it does: http://www.bodymedia.com/Products/Learn-More/How-it-works

I recommend this because you can see exactly what you are doing. You may be surprised that you aren't burning enough to lose weight or you're not eating enough. It will also motivate you to do better each day.
  • kellybutterfly
    Options
    Something that may help you is BodyMedia. It tracks how many calories you burn the entire day and night. You can see how many steps you walk, how many hours you sleep, your food calories, etc. This is a demo of everything it does: http://www.bodymedia.com/Products/Learn-More/How-it-works

I recommend this because you can see exactly what you are doing. You may be surprised that you aren't burning enough to lose weight or you're not eating enough. It will also motivate you to do better each day.

I would love that! but I'm not sure if its compatible with my country, im in the UK
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've been using mfp for around 4-5 months at first i was losing 2-3 pounds a week, then i found out i had a wheat and dairy intolerance cut those out of my diet i lost 4 pounds in the first week of doing this ever since then ive either lost a pound a week or lost nothing.
    I kind of get what people are saying that im eating too little but on the weekends i increase my intake around 1500-2000 calories depending if i drink so if i ate 1500 calories every day im sure id put it all on again

I don't think it's that you are eating too little. I think you are being too impatient. 1 pound a week is a good weight loss rate.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if i ate 1500 calories every day im sure id put it all on again

unlikely unless you are about 2 foot tall!
  • kellybutterfly
    Options
    I might try upping my intake although i've reduced my goals and exercise rate on my goal here and my intake has only gone up by 40 calories a day.
    I'm still really stuck what to do, i might eat my bmr calories this week and see if there is any change
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I might try upping my intake although i've reduced my goals and exercise rate on my goal here and my intake has only gone up by 40 calories a day.
    I'm still really stuck what to do, i might eat my bmr calories this week and see if there is any change

for healthy weightloss you need to NET more than your BMR. if you're struggling with this, maybe you should talk to a professional.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

You are almost averaging that much now. (1200 * 5) + 1500 - 2000 on weekends could easily average to 1500 daily. If you are going to continue the high calorie weekends, be sure to figure that into your goals.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Are those pictures of you? If so why are you trying to lose weight?
  • brent_woods
    Options
    If you don't mind my asking, what is your height and weight at the moment? From your photos, you do not appear to have to lose weight.
  • Janalynrenee18
    Janalynrenee18 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sodium intake?
  • kellybutterfly
    Options
    I'm 24 and I weigh 137 pounds
  • kellybutterfly
    Options

Are those pictures of you? If so why are you trying to lose weight?

Yes they are of me, I am midway into my bmi and I dont feel comfortable at the weight i am as i used to be smaller, but ballooned over the past year or two I lost my mum and my brother so i must have started to comfort eat i was 166 pounds last june now im 137 but im not happy yet