Speaking of Scales

Options
Is it normal for my scale to have a different reading when I step on it 3 times in a row? Is it my shifting maybe more on one foot than another the 2nd time or what? I never know which weight to record. I usually end up weighing myself 10 times and whichever weight comes up the most I enter in MFP

Replies

• Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    Do you have a digital scale? I found that I had that problem with mine. Taking an average is probably smart. Idk what causes the variations.
  • eekface
    eekface Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yea its digi :)
  • eekface
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale. Always weighs about 5 pounds too light. I round my weight up or down to the nearest pound, then add 5 pounds. I should just buy a good scale and stop doing that. LOL.
  • flannan
    flannan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i had an older digital scale that was doing that. i changed the batteries but it would still give me varying weights. i bought a new one this weekend and it gives steady weights. It also weighs me as almost 2 lbs less than the old one! so for my first week here i don't know if i actually lost any weight or its just the scale.
    i like this one's reading better though! ;-)
  • eekface
    Options
    Which kind? this is what I have

http://www.amazon.com/Health-Meter-HDM770-05-Weight-Tracking/dp/B0014JRAIQ/ref=sr_1_41?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1279675127&sr=8-41

its less than a year old, but it only has 3 stars and it looks like people have accuracy problems with it. Dang.. What do you guys suggest I get?
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't do that, I forgot the brand, but it was rated #1 on Amazon, like over 1,000 reviews.:heart:
  • Tamie_Girl
    Options
    Found it :heart:

I just searched my past orders from Amazon. This is the scale I purchased and absolutely love it.

It was over 1,600 reviews ... and over 4 stars. Fantastic deal too, under $30

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KXZ808/ref=oss_product

~Tamie

:flowerforyou:
  • eekface
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tamie_Girl
    Options
    Yea, I really love that scale ... and can't believe what a good price it is ... and like one reviewer said, it's a good looking scale too, not something to slide under the bed. LOL

I keep mine in my bedroom - we have hardwood floors ... I have gotten off the scale and back on and it will weigh the same. There are no fluctuations.

~Tamie

:flowerforyou:
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure which one I have. I bought it many years ago when the clear digital scales first came out. It cost $100 back then, but I was paying for style. Maybe it's time for a new scale. I'll ask my hubby about it this weekend.