Insanity

Options
Hey there! I just ordered Insanity today! I am super excited to get started. I am looking for any and all advice for those currently doing the program or have completed it on how to stay accountable and motivated throughout the whole 60 days. I feel like that is where I fall astray most of the time with not getting up and doing it right away or something AND same with the eating. I am really going to stay committed this time. It cost me an arm and a leg to get the program, so I might as well stick with it. Please let me know your results and advice from this program. It would be much appreciated. I should be starting within the next week since I ordered it today. Wish me luck! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I might be starting wednesday or thursday so we can be accountability buddies if ya want!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am in week 3 of the second month. I should be in week 4 but I am doing week 3 over because I missed most of my workouts. I will have completed the program by the second week of May.

Advice: without knowing your age, fitness level etc I'm only gonna give you what I encountered.

I am 48 years old.

Its the hardest workout you will ever do! But it is so worth the time.
    Go at your own pace. Don't try to keep up with them.
    Watch your form. If you don't you can hurt yourself. Shaun T is great at reminding you of this
    The first week is going to KILL YOU! But if you stick with it you will see results within the first 2 weeks.

This program will definitely get you in the best shape of your life. Go at your own pace, and have fun. Shaun T is a great motivator. He will keep your butt moving.

As far as diet. I didn't follow it in my first month, and still saw results. I'm eating better in the second month.. You will have to fuel you body in order to get through the workouts. 1200 calories a day will not do it.

Feel free to add me if you like

Good luck and keep pressing play

Oh let me add. The changes you will see in your body is what will keep you motivated!!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lizziegs
    lizziegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am in my second week of the second month. It is hard to turn it on everyday but just know how good you will feel when you are done. And you see results pretty quickly which motivates you to want even more. Good luck! You can do it!
  • erinn43
    erinn43 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am doing this work out - BUT at a gym. The instructor there got certified to teach the program. I think we are doing phase one. I feel myself getting stronger each class. Enjoy- its a challenge but isn't that what makes this fun ? You can do it. I am 43....
  • Elly115
    Elly115 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm currently on my seconded week of Insanity. Would love to get more friends that are currently on or planning to get on program :)

As for words of advise, I would just go at your own pace as said above but also don't want to use that as an excuse to not work at your full potential.
    Also if you can, get a Heart Rate Monitor so you can get an accurate reading of how many calories you are burning per working and as so you can see if you are over working yourself.

Good Luck! and I sent you a request.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 2 and I've lost 6 lbs so far and my jeans are already looser. I also bought a HRM (Polar FT7) and it helps me a lot to SEE the calories I'm burning with each workout. Is it hard? YUP. Is it impossible, no, you have to get your head into it, it's not just moving your body. Do what you can, take breaks when you need to. It seems like a long workout at first but it's over before you know it.
    P.S. I do it barefoot. I have carpet in my house so I feel it makes me trip more when I'm wearing sneakers and trying to do it. Try it with and withuout sneakers, see what works best for you.
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of month 1 :):)

I think my advice is (considering I am not very far along myself)--

The first week is definitely a learning week. During my first two days, I was immediately like, "OMG! If I am struggling this much NOW, how will I do when it gets harder?! I'm gonna have to re-do month 1 or something!" but I have found myself getting stronger and pushing myself a bit more each day! :)

So I guess what they say is true -- it doesn't matter where/how you start, it's just that you start! :)
  • roodledoodle
    Options
    bump
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm also in Week 2 - the first week (including the fitness test) was a killer. For me it was my calves, they hurt so much after day 3 I could hardly walk... so I took a day off in the middle of the week. Now in week 2 I don't have any pain at all except for while I'm doing the video. I thought that ice as opposed to hot bath/shower offered much better relief of my muscle pain (and a couple of Aleve 2/day)! I would say that I'm already in pretty good shape, but the cardio in this is much more difficult than I would push myself - I'm not sure that I've ever worked out to the point of dripping with sweat, but this will get ya there.

Since I do this in addition to walking, yoga, weight lifting and volleyball during the week I don't do this 6 days a week, but I make an effort even when I'm feeling tired or short on energy. I haven't seen any movement on the scale (up or down) but I can see a couple more ab muscles!

Feel free to add me
  • seizethefray
    Options
    I'm starting today! I'd love to make new friends who are doing it too...
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I've completed it once and restarted for a second round. Suggestions......buy a hear rate moniter so you will have a better idea of the calories you've burned, plenty of water, take a break when you need it, don't expect to keep up with the people on the video-you'll even see them stop and take a break as well. Listen to your body, it might need a day off sooner than what the Insanity calender says. Take it if you need it, but don't give up. It's hard and takes time, but it's worth it!
  • rubybriseno0615
    rubybriseno0615 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also starting today..to be honest I am little scared. lol I tried Insanity last year and couldnt go through it. I just wasnt motivated enough. This time around I feel much better about it going in. I have been doing cardio and 30DS so Im hoping that will help my stamina. Good luck! Add me if you need a buddy for motivation
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I nearly died during the fit test. I did not start after that, but I do plan on it today/evening. As a larger woman I can tell that it is going to be difficult. But I am willing so thats all I need. Please add me for support
  • Bhabs10
    Bhabs10 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Week 5 - Recovery Week, definitely nervous for the start of month 2, yikes! (you'll see what I mean once you start).

I would suggest if you have any friends or family near you that are intersted in doing the program to ask that they do it with you. A friend of mine comes over each morning so we can do the workout together and that really helps to make sure that we both do it.

I would suggest to just do what you can when starting and know that it's okay if you can't make it through the full video without taking a break sometimes. Even the ppl on the video take breaks. It is hard but you will feel great about yourself! You will be very sore after the first day or two but just keep pushing through it. I lost about 4 lbs since I started but I don't follow the diet plan they provide. I also heard from reading other forums that most of the weight loss will come in month 2, fingers crossed that's true!

Good luck!
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just started month 2!! And love it :)
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Week 5 - Recovery Week, definitely nervous for the start of month 2, yikes! (you'll see what I mean once you start).

I would suggest if you have any friends or family near you that are intersted in doing the program to ask that they do it with you. A friend of mine comes over each morning so we can do the workout together and that really helps to make sure that we both do it.

I would suggest to just do what you can when starting and know that it's okay if you can't make it through the full video without taking a break sometimes. Even the ppl on the video take breaks. It is hard but you will feel great about yourself! You will be very sore after the first day or two but just keep pushing through it. I lost about 4 lbs since I started but I don't follow the diet plan they provide. I also heard from reading other forums that most of the weight loss will come in month 2, fingers crossed that's true!

Good luck!

I am crossing fingers for month 2 magic also..just started recovery week today and actually really enjoyed that work out.
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 starting today, feel free to add me!