30 day shred.. I know its a common topic..

Options
micqs
micqs Posts: 186 Member
Ive been browsing the forum and either I'm just plain dumb or the question had never really been answered. How do you calculate calories burned from the 30 day shred? I do not have a HRM which is what has been said is the way to do it. How do you do it without a HRM? I know it's different for everyone and depends on weight, gender, etc. Any one know of a good resource or a calculator or the most accurate thing to log it in as in MFP?

Again, I know this is a commonly posted question, but I just cant find an answer other than a HRM.

Replies

• staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Log it as circuit training. I used to log about 180 calories, but it's different for everyone.
  • Postiejue
    Options
    Hi,I also logged as circuit training for 20mins,have just ordered hrm so will see if any different when I use that.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Your weight x503/154=calories burned in one hour on level one (so divide by three)

^Someone put the above on another thread. Jillian has this somewhere on her site.
  • ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I read in an interview with Jillian Michaels that she estimates people will burn about 4 calories a minute. According to my heart rate monitor, I burn 9-10 calories a minute depending on how intensely i do it.
  • ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "Your weight x503/154=calories burned in one hour on level one (so divide by three)"

My HRM logs me at a MAX of 480 calories in one hour (working as hard as i can without passing out) and according to that calculation I would burn close to 650... OP you might not want to use this formula if you're concerned about overestimating calories burned. If you do use this formula, i would be careful about how many calories you eat back.
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Your weight x503/154=calories burned in one hour on level one (so divide by three)

^Someone put the above on another thread. Jillian has this somewhere on her site.
    that's about the # MFP gives me on circuit training :)
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options

That is one stupid calculation. Calories burned also depends on how much you put into it. You could be taking 15 breaks or go hard. BIG difference there.

Invest in a HRM if you want it to be as accurate as can be ;) Way better than calculation or estimations.