Insanity PUSH-UP JACKS... :(

Options
No matter how many goes I gave it I couldn't even manage 1 properly. Does anyone else have this problem?
I can barely do a modified push up on my knees properly as it is and I've tried and tried. Any tips? Either I'm not doing it right at all (doubt it) or the strength is not there :(

Replies

• ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    How far into the work out are you? What week are you in ? I can now do them but I'm in the second month. I actually love them. I can't do as many as Shaun and the gang but I can do 4 or 5 stop for a sec and pick it back up.

You should be getting stronger and at some point should be able to do at least 1.
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity today and those scare me. Your not giving me hope in the "these aren't as bad as they sound" department.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I found them to be way easier than they looked to be honest. I can "only" do 7-10 regular push-ups but the push-up jacks (I did 40 in my last fit test) give you momentum, thats why I feel like it is easier than regular ones.

If you can't do them yet, just replace them by doing knee push-ups! If you find that there are many moves you can't do because of this, maybe consider doing another program first, before Insanity. Since Insanity does require quite some strength.
  • Blueyedtine
    Blueyedtine Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity on Saturday. I could *barely* do one with good form so I've just been doing regular push-ups (on my knees too- I've got a really weak upper body right now). I'm just doing what I can and trying to keep my heart rate high for as long as possible!
  • Alison_93
    Alison_93 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey everyone! Thanks for the replies :)
    Today was my first day of Insanity! I can do the other moves, just not the push-up jacks. I barely did 3 but my form was bad. I only lowered myself a little (as much as I could) and could barley push myself back up. Again, it's just the push-up jacks. I know I'm able for this programme. Hopefully I will get better at them. I'll keep trying!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I do practice push up against the counter at an angle...you can feel the burn in your biceps and these will help build your strength.. I couldn't do one either but now getting better.
  • akasten23
    akasten23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started doing mine on a slight incline (where your hands are higher than your feet by 6 inches or less). I found it was easier to keep the correct form and as I got stronger I moved backed down to the ground.