The last 15!!!!! Frustrating!!!!

Options
HI everyone! I haven't been getting on here everyday like I did because my work schedule changed and I'm really busy!! I am however, still working out a lotj and really watching my calories. Sometimes I'm over, sojmetimes I'm under. I do zig-zag which gives me a bit of breathing room on some days!! Here's my problem:

From May 15 to July 15 I only lost 2 pounds!!! The entire month of May and JUne I was still really watching everything, eating healthy and working out. I was so frustrated I thought I'd try to give myself a break for a couple weeks to see what happened. Bug mistake!! I didn't gain anything, but I totally gotj off track and was bad way to much!!!! I probably didn't gain because I was still working out a lot. I started teaching cardio classes again so my excercise has increased. I also lift 3 times a week.

My questions are:
1. What can I do to snap myself back into a routine again
2. Was taking a break a good idea? Has anyone done this and had good results?
3. I know these last 15 are gonna take time, but 2 pounds in 2 months!!! Just doesn't seem fair....
4. Any suggestions of how I can approach this?

I read all the timje about nutrittion and excercise but I'm really stuck as to what to try next. I've changed my excercise pjrogram several times already so that isn't helping.

Has anyone ever kept their sugar to about 15 g. a day to give them a weight loss boost? Saw something about it on TV today, but that would mean no fruit either (at least thats what they said on Tv) this didn't seem right to me!

I had a serious potassium problem a few weeks ago and was put on Klor-Kon, does anyone know it it makes you gain weight? Also started Wellbutron to help quit smoking. Just started it and haven't quit yet. It will take a few weeks to do, but I'm worried about weight gain. Thats how I got into this mess in the first place. Quit 3 times, gained 20 pounds each time! Gonna give it another shot now that I know how to eat healthy and continue to excercies.

sorry so lengthy, just really frustrated!!!!! Thanks in advance for all your advise!!!:smile:

Replies

• sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    52 views and know one has a response?
  • VolleyGirl839
    Options
    :sad: Omygod I'm going through the EXACT same thing as you are! Ok, the last week: I've worked out 1 hour each day, stayed under my reccomended calorie consumption, and been good about everything else you can possibly think of! The end product, Nothing! Oh wait, I GAINED 2 POUNDS!!! I'm sooooo frusterated. What's going on??
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Number 1. Don't think of it as your last 15. Think of it as the next 15. Move your goal if you need to. Most of us aren't setting our goals in insane ranges anyway. Mine keeps moving as I see how I look as i reach "goals". My real goal is to get rid of this belly that looks like a ball of pizza dough that someone dropped on a barber shop floor!

Over a couple of weeks change what you do drastically. One week exercise a ton, 1000+ calories a day and eat at least half if not most of the calories.

The next week do the same, but don't eat the exercise calories (make sure you stay at 1200-1400 though).

Every time I have done this, in either order, the second week things went back on track.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I am 52 and have found that the last pounds are achingly slow to come off. I was blessed to have the first 30 come off rather quickly, but it is taking so much longer now that I have lost the bulk of my weight. I think it is just a classic issue and if you adjust your goals on a regular basis you should see some relief. I gave up white flour and white sugar in general (meaning I didn't stress over it if it was found to be in something, but tried to avoid it whenever possible), and had great success. Good luck on your continued journey.
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    Thank you very much for the replies!!! I also am tired of this belly and I've lost a lot of weight already. My ticker says 39 but I've actually lost 51. Why is the belly the last to go sometimes?

the poster with the idea of how they really mixed it up is a great idea!! I do stay at about 1300-1500 a day already. I'm gonna give this a try and see if it helps. Def can't hurt!!!! Thank you very much!!!

Any other ideas?